Cincinnati Fest Sept 24-25

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
dcopley
antispam: No

Cincinnati Fest Sept 24-25

Post by dcopley »

The 14th annual Cincinnati Celtic World Festival at Old Coney Island on the East side of Cincinnati, on Sept 24-25. This year's festival will be a really good one for flutophiles and whistleophiles. Teada (with flute player Damien Stenson) will be playing at 8:30 Saturday and at 2:30 and 5:30 Sunday. John Skelton, Kieran O'Hare and Liz Knowles are performing as a trio (both days), and on Sunday Skelton and O'Hare will give a flute workshop at 12:30 and a whistle workshop at 2:30. The full schedule is at www.CincinnatiCelticFestival.com

I will have a booth with various models of flute, as well as some CD's, including Wooden Flute Obsession Volumes 1 and 2. Michael Burke will be there with his whistles. I hope to see you there.

Dave Copley
Loveland, Ohio
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

oooh, me wants an F, me wants an F ....

(which John rocked the house with last Saturday night, I might add -- your flute sounds terrific!)

But alas, me has no money. :-(

Is your band playing this year?

Either way, we'll look for you Sunday. Can't wait!

cat.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
dcopley

Post by dcopley »

Cathy Wilde wrote:
Is your band playing this year?

Either way, we'll look for you Sunday. Can't wait!

cat.
Yes, Ceol Mhor is playing, but only on Saturday. By the way, what happened to the Louisville Festival this year? The web site shows it as being this coming weekend, but no updates or other info. It was a fun time last year.

Dave Copley
Loveland, Ohio
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Darnit, I think that's what happened to me last year -- you guys played on the day I couldn't make it!

The Louisville Fest ended up "taking a break" this fall and has now teamed up with the City of Louisville to put on something on the riverfront next June, I think. So hopefully it'll be bigger and better, etc. We had a benefit to raise funds for it (with a portion going to Katrina relief, naturally) Saturday night which was great fun -- that's where John wound up the evening playing the hide off of a set wrapping with The London Lasses on your flute, and it really did bring the house down! From the workout he's been giving it lately, your flute's his new favorite thing. :-)

Anyway, thanks for the info. Unless there's a miraculous schedule change, I'll look for your table on Sunday ... Here's hoping for good weather!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Hoovorff
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Hoovorff »

This sounds like a great weekend! I'm going to try to make it on Sunday. Other commitments on Saturday.

I'm SO SORRY I missed the Louisville concert last Saturday, Cathy! It sounds like it was great. I was under the weather and not able to make it.
Maybe the Cincy fest could make up for it!

Jeanie
Hoovorff

Post by Hoovorff »

Bump.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. I just wish Teada wasn't playing at the same time as John Skelton's flute workshop. Oh, well. Think I'll do the workshop.

Jeanie
dcopley

Post by dcopley »

Hoovorff wrote:Bump.

I just wish Teada wasn't playing at the same time as John Skelton's flute workshop.
I think you should be OK. John/Kieran's flute workshop is earlier (12:30) but their whistle workshop is at the same time as the 2:30 Teada performance. Teada are on again at 5:30 to close out the festival. Only possible fly in the ointment is that Judas Priest are playing Sunday evening at Riverbend, which is right next door. So we don't know how much interference we will get from them setting up and doing sound checks etcetera.

Dave Copley
Loveland, Ohio
Hoovorff

Post by Hoovorff »

Thanks for the clarification about the times. I guess I remembered the schedule incorrectly.

Judas Priest + Irish music = ???? :boggle:

That could be an interesting mixture of sounds!

Thanks, Jeanie