FS: Chris Wilkes 8-key African Blackwood D Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Lowden
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Chris Wilkes 8-key African Blackwood D Flute

Post by Lowden »

Comes with original fitted wooden case.

I am posting this topic for my friend who wants to sell one of her collection. Her husband purchased it in 1980 - 1990s from the maker. It is Rudall-style model in excellent condition with no cracks.

The silver rings are engraved and all silver keys work well.

To be shipped from Japan.

PM me if you are seriously interested with your best offer.
Photos are available upon request.
Lowden

Re: FS: Chris Wilkes 8-key African Blackwood D Flute

Post by Lowden »

I have just put this beauty to the auction site in Japan.

I am not sure how much the market price of Wilkes’ flute nowadays, but in my opinion, it is in excellent condition.

Please see the below link for the photos.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au ... 1137621773

Serious offer/inquiry is welcomed.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Please see the below link for the photos.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au ... 1137621773
Fwiw, it looks you are considerably limiting areas with potential buyers using that site:
Please be informed that from Wednesday, April 6, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN’s services are no longer available to our users in the EEA (European Economic Area) and the United Kingdom, as it has been determined by Yahoo! JAPAN that providing a continuous service environment in these regions would be difficult.
My brain hurts

Lowden

Post by Lowden »

Not really.
I just put it there since I found it is quite difficult to upload the photos of the flute here.
I am accepting serious inquiry for this flute and if your offer is acceptable to the owner, I will withdraw the item from the auction site.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Tried to link to the Japanese site but didn't work.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Lowden wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:13 am Not really.
I just put it there since I found it is quite difficult to upload the photos of the flute here.
I am accepting serious inquiry for this flute and if your offer is acceptable to the owner, I will withdraw the item from the auction site.

Fair enough, but the point is, the site blocks users from a large geographical area so your photos are not accessible to a considerable percentage of potential buyets..

If you want to put photos here, best use a (free) image hosting site and link pics on the forum using img tags.
My brain hurts

kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

The Japanese link worked for me, then went to the English site for the additional photos, no problem. Of course, over USD $14k is a bit high for me (2.2 Million yen + shipping).
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Lowden

Post by Lowden »

Mr.Gumby wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:12 am Fair enough, but the point is, the site blocks users from a large geographical area so your photos are not accessible to a considerable percentage of potential buyets..

If you want to put photos here, best use a (free) image hosting site and link pics on the forum using img tags.
Oh no?
Thank you for letting me know… I will have to find out how I can show you the photos…
Lowden

Post by Lowden »

kkrell wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:05 pm The Japanese link worked for me, then went to the English site for the additional photos, no problem. Of course, over USD $14k is a bit high for me (2.2 Million yen + shipping).
PM me your best offer so I can talk with owner.
I have a few flutes including Original R&R, 8-key Grinter and 6-key Olwell, however, this one is a GEM!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Lowden wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:04 pm
kkrell wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:05 pm The Japanese link worked for me, then went to the English site for the additional photos, no problem. Of course, over USD $14k is a bit high for me (2.2 Million yen + shipping).
PM me your best offer so I can talk with owner.
I have a few flutes including Original R&R, 8-key Grinter and 6-key Olwell, however, this one is a GEM!
I'm not looking to buy anything more at the moment. Also, prices of products that were already imported into Japan do tend to be quite high. I had been shopping at one time for a Don Musser guitar. Although Don only makes 8-10/year, a lot of them somehow managed to make their way to Japan, but I find them too expensive (& risky to ship) to bring one back to the U.S.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Lowden

Post by Lowden »

kkrell,

I play the guitar and I have quite a few, but I have never heard about Don Musser’s guitar. I wil check it out!

As to the price, I don’t think there are many people who can afford to pay more than USD10,000 in Japan.

I think there are more people who know the rarity and value of the flute when it comes to Chris Wilkes’ and other top makers’ flute including antique ones.

Flutes made by Grinter and Olwell are sold at very high price nowadays, but I am not sure about Wilkes. I don’t see them on sale so often anyway.