CP: granite falls mfg is no more...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ctilbury
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

CP: granite falls mfg is no more...

Post by ctilbury »

Hello everyone,

I have been gone a while. I actually had quit making whistles for a few months, but I am starting back up with a brand new type. I have disbanded Granite Falls Manufacturing, as of 12/31/07, but I am starting over again as Tilbury Music Company. I have learned that it is not enough to make a good whistle. I also have to keep books as well... :oops:

Anyhow, I want to announce that I am having a tour featuring my new instruments. Anyone who wants to try them is welcome. You can post your thoughts if you want to or not. It is totally up to you. I have reserved several instruments for the tour and I am looking for tour managers as well. I also want to do a European tour leg, if there is any interest.

If you are interested in participating in the tour, then please contact me via PM, email, or posting in this thread. My email address is chuck at whistlemaker dot com.

I will post pictures of the instruments later today or tomorrow. Sorry, but I don't have any way to make sound bytes... :(

All the best!
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com
Tommy
antispam: No

Re: CP: granite falls mfg is no more...

Post by Tommy »

ctilbury wrote:Hello everyone,

Anyhow, I want to announce that I am having a tour featuring my new instruments. Anyone who wants to try them is welcome. You can post your thoughts if you want to or not. It is totally up to you. I have reserved several instruments for the tour and I am looking for tour managers as well. I also want to do a European tour leg, if there is any interest.

If you are interested in participating in the tour, then please contact me via PM, email, or posting in this thread.

All the best!
Sent you a PM Chuck.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

I'm always interested in trying your whistles, Chuck! PM will be sent ASAP.
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

Never participated in a whistle tour before, and I think I'd like to.

PM sent.

Thanks,
Jason
scheky

Post by scheky »

I sent a PM. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
ctilbury

Post by ctilbury »

Here is a link to the pictures. I don't remember how to make them appear as thumbs, so the link will have to do. Enjoy!

http://whistlemaker.com/pics
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com
scheky

Post by scheky »

That's a pretty whistle.
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

PM Sent.
breqwas

Post by breqwas »

PM sent.
GFMs were great whistles :)
seanc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am primarily a bass player for 30+ years in rock bands. Making an effort to expand my horizons. Currently struggling with concertina. Completely befuddled by Uilleann pipes.

Post by seanc »

me too. I am a whistle tour virgin. Can some one please let me know the ettiquette of how that all works?
Tucson Whistler

Post by Tucson Whistler »

PM sent. That is pretty whistle you have there. How much do you think they'll cost?
"Life is far too important to be taken seriously"
~Oscar Wilde
ctilbury

Post by ctilbury »

Tucson Whistler wrote:PM sent. That is pretty whistle you have there. How much do you think they'll cost?
These instruments will be about 120.00 US. Tour participants will be able to get them for $100 while the tour is active.
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com
ctilbury

Post by ctilbury »

breqwas wrote:PM sent.
GFMs were great whistles :)
Thank you very much! The new ones are even better, IMHO... :)
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com
braccio

Post by braccio »

Wow! Really good looking.

I sent my PM in.

Pete
ctilbury

Post by ctilbury »

seanc wrote:me too. I am a whistle tour virgin. Can some one please let me know the ettiquette of how that all works?
Here is the deal:

I organize the list and send it out to everyone in the tour. Then, I send the whistle to the first person in the tour. They get to play it for some period of time. How long that is depends on how many people join the tour. (I am planning to allocate enough instruments to make is a reasonable amount of time.) After the player is finished, then they pony up the postage to send it to the next player, then they send it to the next, and so on. I want to know when the whistle arrives and when you send it out to the next person. A short email is sufficient. If you want to post your thoughts, that is fine, but it is not a requirement (as it has been with other tours). I would like to know if anyone find any glaring deficiencies, but as you may guess, I will check before send anything out.

You can buy the whistle, if you want to. I will knock $20 off of the price, making it $100.00. I will put another into the mail to the next person.

Do's and Dont's (in no particular order)
Do: Let me know when you receive the instrument.
Do: Let me know if there is know if there is a problem, such as having to be out of town unexpectedly. I will change your position in the list so that you still get your turn.
Do: Let me and the person you are sending to know when you send via email.
Don't: Keep it longer than your allocated time. You need to send it, even if you didn't have the chance to look at it. I can reschedule your time.
Do: Ship it in the same material that you received it in.
Don't: Ask the person sending it to you to pay extra for shipping. You should pay for expedited shipping. I expect that everyone will send the instrument to the next person by the cheapest means possible.
Do: Let me know if it arrives damaged or unplayable in some other way. I will want to replace it ASAP. I will also need to get it back so I can tell what happened and why.
Do: Have fun.

I think that about does it. Let me know if you have any questions.
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com