SOLD: Busman D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Steamwalker
antispam: No

SOLD: Busman D

Post by Steamwalker »

Howdy folks. With much pain, I am putting one of my Busman's for sale to help fund my vacation next week. I do this only because I have two Busman Ds and really only have need for one. This is a gorgeous whistle made from figured Tasmanian Rose Myrtle. It's a custom whistle that came from a batch of whistles made by Paul with timber that I supplied. (It's the bottom one in the picture below - click to maximize):

It plays as sweetly as you imagine and is beautiful to the point that you'd have to see it to believe it. The wood is highly figured and the patterns in the wood grain change as you shift it in the light. It has a pinkish-reddish-tan hue which explains the "Rose" variation in the timber name. In as-new condition. These sell new for $250 plus shipping (for other wood types). This one was made last year. Includes original cloth case. I'd like to get $225 or best offer. Shipping included within the US. Please send me a PM with offers, questions, or if you need more pictures. I'd prefer Paypal as I leave for vacation in a week. Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Sold! Thanks!
Last edited by Steamwalker on Mon May 12, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Sigh-- this always feels like having one of my children put up on the auction block.. :(
Have a great vacation! We're off to Mexico ourselves next week-- where are you going?
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

I'm taking a week-long road trip to visit various national parks/monuments in California and Oregon. I've always wanted to make a road trip since I was young and this will be my first chance. Ironically, the auto service bills to get my car up to snuff is threatening to stifle my trip altogether.

FYI: I have two Busman Ds, one from the above Tasmanian Rose Myrtle and the other in Black & White Ebony. From link:
Black-and-white Ebony (Diospyros embryopteris) is a true member of the ebony family and is also called "Royal White Ebony". This unique wood comes from Myanmar (Burma) and Laos onto the market in very small amounts only. The wood is very dense like all ebonies and shows a terrific structure with black lines on nearly white ground- no other wood is even similar. Due to its very restricted availabilities it is one of the world‘s greatest rarities on the lumber market.
If there's interest, I could sell the B&W Ebony one pictured above instead. Please PM me for details. Only looking to sell one or the other.

Last edited by Steamwalker on Sun May 11, 2008 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Soooo pretty! I love the wavy grain on the side view.
ElPollo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ElPollo »

People on this forum are so evil.

Always putting up great whistles when i can't afford to buy them.

And they really want to be with me, i just know it.. :(
rodfish

Post by rodfish »

Those are some georgeous whistles!
If only my pocketbook matched my desire! :sniffle:

Have a great vacation!
"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

It just occured to me that those whistles of yours are helping to fund our own vacation: mucho gracias (getting into practice for Mexico)
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Bump. Only a few more days to go! :)