[SOLD]: Burns Blackwood Std

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

[SOLD]: Burns Blackwood Std

Post by greenspiderweb »

[SOLD]First:Casey Burns Blackwood Standard, no tuning slide or rings-all wood, inline holes (edit: bottom hole is slightly offset). I wasn't going to sell this one, becuase it's a really nice flute-but I accidentally (actually due more to an act of kindness) ran into a Burns Boxwood Pratten-just as nice, but a little different in voice. These are $700 now, and the price is $500 plus shipping. Priority Mail Insured shipping will be $18, and these 3 flutes are limited to USA sales only. Excellent condition, about 3 years old. Not played all that much. Bore could use a polishing, but plays fine and sounds great. Casey can add keys to this one if desired. Nice strong, woody voice. Threaded tenons.

Just click on the picture to enlarge: (2 more pictures added!)

Sorry folks, I've decided to hang on to the Cochran Pratten. Jon Cochran Blackwood Pratten, with tuning slide and silver rings & wooden screw cap. It's got a beautiful deep voice. Hole stretch is on the long side-you should have larger hands for this one (also inline holes). Mine are about Men's medium to large, and it's fine for me, though a little bit of a stretch, and has larger holes than the Burns. Corked tenons. Also a few years old, and little played. Note Edit: On it's way back to Jon for a tune-up.

Third is [SOLD], I've got a Tipple D, Speckled bore, 8 hole, copper middle tenon, integral pvc tenon on the headjoint, with Tipple/Fajardo wedge, that plays and looks like new-great tone-for $50 shipped in the USA. It can sound Irish or Boehm, your choice of embouchure, but delightful either way. Inline holes and a longer finger stretch, similar to the Cochran Pratten.

I'd really rather keep them all, but practicality says let them go-so I hope they will go to appreciative new owners, and the more quickly-the less painful it will be for me!

Email is suggested, rather than PMs. I can take a PayPal direct debit, or credit card through PayPal, if you wish (but please add the 3.5 % extra), or US Postal Money Order-or check if I know you is OK too.

Great flutes all! Thanks, email with any questions, if you have them. (and to email me, click on link below).

Thank you!
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 13 times in total.
~~~~
Barry
cavefish
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

pictures tell a thousand words :D
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

cavefish wrote:pictures tell a thousand words :D
Thank you for reminding me!

Added! Thanks too, Jordan!
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

The Burns Blackwood Standard is available-the person it was being held is out of town and couldn't be located, so I'm taking the hold off now.

Email if interested, thank you.
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~
Barry
franco
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by franco »

Just an incidental question. Why do you limit these to US sales?

I e-mailed a guy in the US to buy a flute years ago, and he told me he was not interested in an international sale. Is this a delivery thing or something along those lines?
Flute for thought.
Sillydill

Post by Sillydill »

Since only the Burns is still for sale here is a link to a picture of it:

BURNS: http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/5761 ... oo8up8.jpg

All the Best!

Jordan
Last edited by Sillydill on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

franco wrote:Just an incidental question. Why do you limit these to US sales?

I e-mailed a guy in the US to buy a flute years ago, and he told me he was not interested in an international sale. Is this a delivery thing or something along those lines?
Yes, franco, it's a delivery thing; things get lost, damaged, and if it takes too long, wooden flutes can crack if not humidified. And, if you can't afford the loss, it's not something a lot of individuals like doing. Even if insured, it can be a hassle to collect, or long delays in getting reimbursed, especially internationally.

And, thank you, Jordan for posting the pictures!
~~~~
Barry
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Does Jon have it already?
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
franco

Post by franco »

Thanks, greenspiderweb.
Flute for thought.
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

The Burns Blackwood Standard is still available. It's a lovely flute with a voice to match!

A couple of pictures added to the first post also!
~~~~
Barry
pipersgrip
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

that is sooooo beautiful. i would buy it, but i just bought one of his folk flutes because i am a beginner at the flute. i wish he would make whistles.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan