Thom Larson - Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Kelhorn Mike
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Thom Larson - Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!

Post by Kelhorn Mike »

Hello all,
Though he has not been active on this board and has had
differences with some here I thought people might like to
know that Thom Larson of the Whistle Shop suffered a
serious heart attack a week ago and had quadruple
by-pass surgery. He is now still in the hospital but hopes
to be released soon. Whether or not he checks the
board I'm sure many here wish him a full and speedy
recovery. I certainly do. Thought some here might
like to know.

Best,

Kelhorn Mike
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Absolutely, yes. Best to Thom.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Heart, thought and music together for a speedy and full recovery Thom.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm very sorry to hear that. Get better soon, Thom.
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

LJ
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Gosh!

Healing vibes and best wishes going Thoms way!
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Hi Mike, thanks for letting us know.

Thom has done incredible things for whistling globally with his Whistle Shop. It's not often evident how much goes into this - and the rewards are seldom monetary. Such a labor of love is truly astonishing when you consider the amount of trailblazing he's done. Following along in my own small way is hard enough - I'm in awe.

Get well soon Thom!

Regards and respect

Mitch
markbell

Post by markbell »

Mike,

Thanks for letting us know!

Thom has been an encouragement and help to me both with whistles for teaching children, and as I built my whistle website. Here's prayers for a speedy recovery.

Mark
sibilo ergo sum
Stan

Post by Stan »

Mike's subject line sez it all:

"Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery"
preacher
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

I will add my prayers for a quick and complete recovery.
tunemarshall

A Message from Thom Larson

Post by tunemarshall »

Hello all!

I haven't contributed to the C&F for quite a while, I don't even know how long! Anyway, I play in Bloomsday with Thom Larson. I told Thom about all of the wonderful posts on the message board. He hasn't been able to make it to his computer to check out the postings you have all made, but hopes to very soon. Thom asked if I would make a post for him to express his appreciation for all of your prayers and kind wishes. I am sure he will make a post himself in the next few days.

He came home from the hospital on Friday, February 2nd. After having been in for about 10 days. He is doing well, although very sore and tired. When I saw him on Sunday, he had his whistle out, playing a tune. Everyday he is getting better and he should be up and about in no time.

Please continue to keep Thom in your thoughts and prayers. Your kind words mean a lot.

All the best,

Kevin

jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Great to know that Thom is home and doing well. Thanks for letting us know, Kevin. Prayers will continue for Thom, one of my favorite whistle-world people.

Judy
shadeclan

Re: A Message from Thom Larson

Post by shadeclan »

I truly wish Thom a quick and complete recovery. It's amazing what they can do nowadays.
tunemarshall wrote:Hello all!

I haven't contributed to the C&F for quite a while, I don't even know how long! Anyway, I play in Bloomsday with Thom Larson. I told Thom about all of the wonderful posts on the message board. He hasn't been able to make it to his computer to check out the postings you have all made, but hopes to very soon. Thom asked if I would make a post for him to express his appreciation for all of your prayers and kind wishes. I am sure he will make a post himself in the next few days.

He came home from the hospital on Friday, February 2nd. After having been in for about 10 days. He is doing well, although very sore and tired. When I saw him on Sunday, he had his whistle out, playing a tune. Everyday he is getting better and he should be up and about in no time.

Please continue to keep Thom in your thoughts and prayers. Your kind words mean a lot.

All the best,

Kevin
tunemarshall, If you feel that it is appropriate and if he is up to it, please let him know about the trouble that folks have been having with his store. That issue is (as far as I know) still unresolved. I don't mean to be tacky or thoughtless, but he should know about this so that he may, if he chooses, restore his credibility with the C&Fers.
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Get well fast, Thom!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

With some C&F'ers Thom has never lost credibility .... I am one of those.

Hope you make a quick recovery, Thom!

Judy