Question about GFM whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
eedbjp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been on this forum for many years, just getting back into it agin in 2019.. Tried many flutes and whistles, but keep coming back to the fundamentals!

Question about GFM whistle

Post by eedbjp »

I recently bought a GFM aluminum whistle. When I play from low F to E to D, as in FED triplet, there's a weird kind of lag, where it sounds like I never left the F or E completely. I never had this experience on a whistle, and I do really like this whistle. I'm wondering if it's the way my fingers are sealing (or not sealing)
bdh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I caught the trad bug listening to Liam O'Flynn. Started on whistle, then moved to pipes. Tricky Basmatis, but I love 'em.

Post by bdh »

I don't have that problem on my GFM low F at all. I'd say you're probably not sealing properly on the "E", which is considerably wider than the other holes. Are you using the pipers grip?
"It isn't etiquette to cut any one you've been introduced to. Remove the joint." ~ Lewis Carroll
ctilbury
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ctilbury »

If you still have the problem, PM me. If there is a flaw, I will be very happy to fix it without delay.

(why didnt you email?) :sniffle:
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com