Irish Dancemaster accordions?

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
claudine
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Irish Dancemaster accordions?

Post by claudine »

Well I'm still looking for a cheap accordion and found Irish Dancemaster accordions. They sell a 2-row accordion for 550 Euro. Any comments about that? Remember, I am a beginner and just want an instrument for the first 2 years or so. And no sessions, just lonesome practicing in my kitchen.
rh

Post by rh »

I've heard good things about the Dancemaster boxes, they seem to be an excellent value. If i remember correctly, Sylvester contacted them and found that shipping to Europe was expensive... the boxes are assembled and tuned in the USA... so that might add considerably to the cost.
there is no end to the walking
lixnaw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by lixnaw »

What Rh said, and you'll have to include 25% import tax....

You're better off with one of these http://tinyurl.com/royeb

It's a 2 voice, wich means it's easy to play. 3 and 4 voice accordions are bigger, heavier and not so loud, but they offer more different sounds.
The price is nice too compared to a new one!
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

rh wrote:I've heard good things about the Dancemaster boxes, they seem to be an excellent value. If i remember correctly, Sylvester contacted them and found that shipping to Europe was expensive... the boxes are assembled and tuned in the USA... so that might add considerably to the cost.
Just to add that Michael (Dancemaster) seemed to be a extremely helpful fellow answering to all my absolute newbie questions, supplying a lot of comprehensible info in a friendly, non-commercial way.

Expenses from US should be around 65€ roughly.

That Paddy Clancy looks beautiful.
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

lixnaw wrote:The price is nice too compared to a new one!
There's a reserve on it and I bet it's a lot higher than the current bid of E900.

There's a Cairdin mini B/C for sale at US$1500 currently advertised at melodeon.net forums - a _very_ good price.

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm ... id=2589544
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

StevieJ wrote:
lixnaw wrote:The price is nice too compared to a new one!
There's a reserve on it and I bet it's a lot higher than the current bid of E900.
:-? The highest bid is 900$, i don't know where you get it from but they never mentioned euro's.

Anyway, i believe you can't go wrong with a Clancy or an cairdin :)
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

lixnaw wrote: :-? The highest bid is 900$, i don't know where you get it from but they never mentioned euro's.

Anyway, i believe you can't go wrong with a Clancy or an cairdin :)
Ah, sorry. Well I bet the reserve is a lot higher than 900 euros anyway! :wink:

Cairdins and no doubt Clancys are great boxes but I don't think Claudine is looking in that price bracket.
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

StevieJ wrote: Cairdins and no doubt Clancys are great boxes but I don't think Claudine is looking in that price bracket.
correct, actually money is an issue at this moment :lol:
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

Why not chance John Brosnan's arm? 003536443047
Mr.Nate
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

dancemaster accordion

Post by Mr.Nate »

I am the proud owner of a Dancemaster C#/D. I also had a B/C that I started on and later traded back for a C#D!

I am well aquainted with the owner Michael at Dancemaster. He buys the parts and lovingly puts them together with Italian reeds. tunes the reeds and makes all the neccessary adjustments to the fingerboard. http://www.irishdancemaster.com/accordion.html

Mine has the "Machinna" reeds which Michael tells me that most people upgrade their Honer and really notice a difference in the sound. The funny thing is that one of his accordions with machine grade reeds is cheeper than a new Honer! Also, he can instal reeds of even higher quality if you want to pay a little more....Durall, Binchi-Avoniol, Forte. People at the session always comment about how good it sounds and how well it is in tune with the other instruments.

Doc at the Irishflute site also has a page about Dancemasters and has become a dealer for them! http://www.irishflutestore.com/Dancemaster.html

I don't think his prices are up to date, but he has an interesting write up on Dancemasters and Michael!

Nate
Whistling in the Rockies!!
claudine

Post by claudine »

I have just placed an order for the new 2007 model of the ST accordion, with 23 treble buttons, a stop to remove the thirds, tuned in C#/D. The total price (including shipping to Luxembourg, Europe) is 763,50 USD. That's because I payed with Visa/Paypal. With wire transfer, it would only cost 735 USD. Even if I add 20-25% import tax, that is still a very good price - if the instrument is really as good as I expect.
:) :) :) I'm really happy now :) :) :)
claudine

Post by claudine »

and here it is at last:

Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Well? How is it?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

:o WOW, that's a gorgious box you have there!!!

Welcome to the Button Boxers Club :party:
StevieJ

Post by StevieJ »

Yes, welcome to the club Claudine!

Was only one shoulder strap supplied?