*SOLD* - Froment B pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

*SOLD* - Froment B pipes

Post by Lorenzo »

I'm moving up to the mountains this summer. Changing my life style completely. No electricity, no phones, no traffic, no problems. I'm selling eveything I don't use very much...including my Froment B full set of pipes. Actually a 5/4 set because of the extra A drone. It's in pristine condition. Made 2002. Ebony, stainless, faux ivory. In tune. Extra reeds. Works perfect. Chanter fully keyed. Case. Cost me plenty (over 12K), so I expect serious inquiries only. Keep in mind that shipping insurance for overseas is outrageous...several hundred dollars. CD available--one set of tunes. About 7½ minutes of non-stop playing, or I can play them for you over the phone. PM me for contact info.

Been nice knowing y'all. Thanks for everything. It was great.
Last edited by Lorenzo on Fri May 26, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgouette
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

~Jesus of Nazareth

Post by rgouette »

Well, there now!
For all you who've been complaining about long wait times for Froment sets!!

Good heavens! :boggle:
Harry

Post by Harry »

Good luck with the set and the move. Both sound idylic.

Which part of the faux does the ivory come from? They're talking about banning faux hunting over here.

Regards,

H.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Better to hunt faux than friend. :D
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

What mountains are you headed to, Lar? I noticed various Dickinsons (Dickinsoni?) mentioned in the Heppner Gazette-Times, what do you guys play, bluegrass?
glands

Post by glands »

Hey Lorenzo.....those pipes electric? If not, then keep 'em! Hmmmmm......maybe you're giving up stuff that sounds electric. Post some photos of the environs you'll be moving to...so the rest of us can dream!
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Om Mani Padme Hon Harry.

Larry, have you had your brain scanned lately? These actions of yours sound perfectly in sync with brain tumor victims.... stop... I'm serious!

Patrick.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Here ya go glands...the upper meadow

my building site

I'll be on the western edge of the Eagle Cap Wilderness area...resting on 80 private acres I bought a couple years ago. I'll have a stunning view of the higher granite mts--both Wallowas and Elk Horns.

I'm getting tired of the rat race. Won't need my brain scanned either PD, just nice silence and all the birdies in the trees. I may get back into the pipes a little later, don't worry..once sticken always stricken, but I doubt if I shall ever return to civilization. Pipes might scare the elk away...we'll see if they like the concertina and flute in the meantime.

Yeah Kevin, I moonlight as a fiddler and mando player sometimes in a b/g band with my cousins. I asked the crowd at Hepner if they knew of any old pipes lying around--Denis Brooks told me to keep an eye out. I also asked all about the Rietmann family and heard some great stories about you. They were please that I knew the old guy in town who collects vintage MGAs too.

I use to live on the property I'm going back to. Here we are 20 years ago...hehe...in a log cabin I built way back then. Kind of hairy I'd say.
glands

Post by glands »

Sounds like a great plan....thanks for the pics. Hey...I'll paint you some images of buildings-n-city stuff to remind you of the otherworld in exchange for those pipes!?!?!? If I hadn't just sent the Feds $15K I'd have bought those pipes.... F*** the Dems and Republicans..... irresponsibly spending my money..............yours too!
TheSilverSpear

Post by TheSilverSpear »

Time to start buying lotto tickets.
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

TheSilverSpear wrote:Time to start buying lotto tickets.
and sell roommates' kidneys.... :twisted:
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Best of luck in your hermitage.

Hope the peace does you good.

Jealously, (our own wilds are filling up with suburbanites!!! ARGH!)
annie
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
bwilson

Post by bwilson »

If I hadn't just sent the Feds $15K I'd have bought those pipes.... F*** the Dems and Republicans..... irresponsibly spending my money..............yours too!
If only those pesky politicians would start spending my money on Porsches and $12,000 sets of pipes, I'd be happy to pay my taxes. :twisted:
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Thanks Annie. There's a woman up there waiting for me so it won't be all hermit-like...even though that's my stronger nature. It took someone special and she likes that about me.

Speaking of taxes...guess what? For 80 acres, I'm only paying $79 p/year. Really. In the early 80's it was rezoned to large tracks per dweling. Nothing has changed. Everything looks just the same. No urban sprawl anywhere around. It's a wildlife/agriculture zoning. All you have to do is show an intention of farming...like growing blueberries or tree sapplings, etc. Even hay in the meadow will do. No cows or goats for me, thanks. One horse is fine. No cats no dogs. Coyotes eat all the cats and dogs chase away all the wildlife. There's cougar all over the area.

Some days that I'm there...I wish the day would never end.
rebelpiper

Post by rebelpiper »

lorenzo, let me know when the deer and turkey seasons begin and end out your way :wink: we need to throw some backstraps on the grill!

and good luck on selling those pipes. i wish i could afford them.