Olwell Bamboo C on ebay

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
dow
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Olwell Bamboo C on ebay

Post by dow »

Not my flute, but I thought someone might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7388566296
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
Goldie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Goldie »

I have a low C bamboo Olwell and it is one of the most enjoyable flutes I have ever come across to play, the sound is also amazing. It is easy to play but can give a wide range of expression. The one I have surprisingly uses little volume of air as compared to concert D flutes that I have and if you are into circular breathing, it is quite easy to do. I know a few players with them and none of them would ever part with theirs.

A rare opportunity to get one of these fine instruments and right now, I had to wait quite a while before mine was ready although the wait was well worth it.

Colin
Last edited by Goldie on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

The auction text wrote:This is a rare opportunity to get an Olwell bamboo flute, as we have exhausted our supply of bamboo and we will not be harvesting again until spring, if at all. Even if we are able to make the trip to Florida to cut more bamboo, it is unlikely that we will be making bamboo flutes in any significant capacity in the future, as we shift our production priorities overwhelmingly toward wooden flutes.
What a shame!
Eivind

Post by Eivind »

Yes, but

I HAVE ONE, TOO!!! :D

Luvli;
Eivind
toddyboy50

Post by toddyboy50 »

These are wonderful flutes, but 5 days to go and it's already up to $150? By the time this auction's over someone will get an incredibly nice flute for an incredibly high price! That's the problem with Ebay much of the time - almost always someone in the world willing to pay an extravagent amount for just about anything - and I'm not saying this just because I wanted that C flute... I think... :x - Tod
neilC
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Flute player with The Munster Men, trying to get all the help and advice I can as the journey never ends!

Post by neilC »

Well it finally went for $382.77! Some people clearly believe that these things are the hens teeth of the flute world. I think the seller did a fantastic marketing job in terms of creating a 'maybe he'll never make any more' type hype.

Wow.
Flute and whistle player with The Munster Men

A few random recordings of mine on YouTube
Matt_Paris

Post by Matt_Paris »

neilC wrote:Well it finally went for $382.77! Some people clearly believe that these things are the hens teeth of the flute world. I think the seller did a fantastic marketing job in terms of creating a 'maybe he'll never make any more' type hype.

Wow.
Well I could be wrong, but I think the seller actually is Pat Olwell himself. So he probably knows if he intends to make new ones... :)
neilC
Tell us something.: Flute player with The Munster Men, trying to get all the help and advice I can as the journey never ends!

Post by neilC »

Now you come to mention it, I think I'd realised that and originally placed a bid... don't know why I didn't remember that with my previous post. Think I'll go play my flute see if I can remember any tunes :-)
Flute and whistle player with The Munster Men

A few random recordings of mine on YouTube
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Wow, nearly $400.00? :boggle:
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Well I could be wrong, but I think the seller actually is Pat Olwell himself. So he probably knows if he intends to make new ones...
Matt, that's a good point, and I'd say you're right.
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere