Pub's open!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Umm, would anyone mind if I had a nice roll on the hearth? It looks so inviting, now that it's been tidied up . . . the flagstones look cool . . . and they smell deliciously of hickory smoke . . .
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Craig Stuntz wrote:I hope they will take this opportunity to clean the men's room.
... and mop the strench of smoke and strong whiskey out of the wooden floor boards.... yeeesh!
The men's room is still a pit.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Lamby, there's already someone sitting on th..........
Er, yes, what a nice idea dear! :lol:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:Lamby, there's already someone sitting on th..........
Er, yes, what a nice idea dear! :lol:

They can join me, if they'd like. You're welcome, too. I think there is room. Really, if you've never tried it, you should! Very soothing.

We'll just stay out of the men's room, though, hmmm?

Evacuee penguin getting a goodbye cuddle before it goes on a plane to California. It's so sad . . . I saw the film . . . the guy was sniffling . . . . the penguin laid its head on his shoulder and . . . I swear . . . gave him what was unmistakably a penguin-hug.

Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Have you seen that movie called "March of the Penguins"? I believe that's the title. It's about Emperor Penguins in Antarctica. It was just the most amazing movie. There are some disturbing parts, but they are things that happen in nature. I was really just blown away by it. I think they did sort of anthropomorphize some of the actions of the penguins, but when you see their actions it is just about impossible not to. These Emperor Penguins are just magnificent animals.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Walden wrote:
missy wrote:<<<<pokes head in>>>>
<<<<looks at watch>>>>
<<<<yep, after 1:oopm>>>>

WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!!!!

Have one on me..........

I've always been a teetotaller, so am
no expert on the subject, but I don't
believe that stuff can be lawfully exchanged
round these parts on a Sunday.
More than a few years ago, Walden, I spent the whole, hot summer in your neck of the woods. I was working on a seismic survey crew for Texaco in northwestern Oklahoma. I had a rented room in Mrs. Shuwey's house that I shared with Marvin, the cowboy, and Lisa, not real sure what she did, but I don't want to think about it. I remember that Mrs. Shuwey would have a big breakfast every morning, with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, and peaches with real cream that was as thick as mayo. There was no air conditioning in the house, only swamp coolers that didn't really cool because it was so humid that the water was running down the wallpaper in my upstairs room. Marvin taught me how to ride a horse, and I helped round up cattle on the ranch where he worked. I do distinctly remember that it was difficult to get a drink in the little town where I was staying, and forget it on Sunday. I think that was the hottest summer that I ever spent in my life, but I learned that Oklahoma people are good folk, however, I did get a little tired of chicken fried steak.
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Cranberry wrote:
Whistlin'Dixie wrote:I don't care, I am glad it's back, it's like seeing old friends again

Dale: Thank you thank you thank you....

M

Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd think I had no real life..... :P
So you have a real life? :boggle: Can I ask where you got it?

I tried Big Lots but they were $2 each, which is too expensive for me and all the lives at the local yard sales had that musty old-lady smell to them.
If you find a green speckled muschroom, you can get an extra life.... :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Lambchop wrote:Umm, would anyone mind if I had a nice roll on the hearth? It looks so inviting, now that it's been tidied up . . . the flagstones look cool . . . and they smell deliciously of hickory smoke . . .
MMmmmm. Hickory smoked lamb.....<drool>
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Cynth

Post by Cynth »

RUN, LAMBY, RUN!!!! :o
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

It can't run, we just had one of its legs for dinner last night!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Cranberry wrote:Image

It tastes better, is healthier, and what's more, it's legal every single day of the week.
Plus, I'm craving orange juice in a big way. So, if there is any left, I'll have a glass too, please :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

What a C&F junkie I am. Don't usually post too often on the flute and other fora as they're well in good hands with all sorts of helpful, knowledgeable folks; mostly I read and learn. Well, with the Pub closed for whatever it was closed for, I had to do SOMETHING or claw my eyes out. For once I actually posted some constructive things (YMMV :wink: )!

Man, 'twas a hard, hard thing to stay on topic. Whew.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I watched the Dallas Cowboys 28 :party: play the San Diego Chargers 24 :sniffle: football game.
Dallas is on to a good start. :D
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Hm. The LA blackout took us down for awhile today & tonight.