Another day at the Willie week

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Cayden

Another day at the Willie week

Post by Cayden »

Quietly in the afternoon I sat listening to this bunch for a while: gerry Harrington and Maurice Lennon playign fiddle, Cathal McConnell and Petr Horan playing flutes. Ollie Ross, keyboard.
It was pleasant enough :D

djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Sure. Rub it in. :D
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Don't tempt me :D
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Who are leading the sessions at the Hotel this year Peter you know? The owner usually hire a few people to make sure there's always music going on there.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Azalin wrote:Who are leading the sessions at the Hotel this year Peter you know? The owner usually hire a few people to make sure there's always music going on there.
I don't go near that at all if I can avoid it.
Kate Dowling

Post by Kate Dowling »

Lovely - thanks for sharing. You're a lucky man - and that's a great picture. Keep us posted - would love to live vicariously through you this week!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Beast.
Keep 'em coming.
:D

(lovely photo, BTW)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

Peter sent a couple more photos of Peter Horan to me last night, which are now on my flute site thanks to his generosity:

http://www.firescribble.net/flute/whatsnew.html

http://www.firescribble.net/flute/flutenews.html

(scroll down to news from June, 2005).

Thanks, Peter!
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Cathy Wilde wrote:Beast.
Keep 'em coming.
:D
Hehe: Catherine McEvoy, John Wynne and Patsy Hanly together enough to tickle you :D
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Ah Jaysus, Peter, yer killin' me! Where's the emoticon for panting?

I sent the photo links on to some friends of mine who were fortunate to share a few with Mr. Horan in Gurteen several years ago, and they send you their most grateful thanks. (Dan also claims Mr. Horan is wearing the same jumper and tie as when they met him! ;-))

Thanks again, and I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A MARVELLOUS TIME. :P
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

P.S. They weren't really all together, were they?
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

:boggle:
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Cathy Wilde wrote:P.S. They weren't really all together, were they?
'course they were. Catherine, Fergus, John Wynne and Patsy Hanly finished the flute concert, after that we all disappeared somewhere but there were too many musicians so nobody would play. The above crowd left to play across the street but found Horan, Harington and McConnell still at it so they left, probably to go to Mullagh to find a quiet spot. I went home.

Between mcrophones etc there wasn't a decent shot to be had, certainly not of the whole group. You get the idea though. Patsy Hanly and Catherine McEvoy here.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Can't write now; I have died and gone to heaven.

;-)

More pictures. (POUNDING WHISTLE END ON TABLE LIKE TANTRUMING 2-YEAR-OLD) MORE....PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Peter, you've created a monster)

No, seriously ... thank you. I want to save that one. Put it on my wall or over my bed or something.

And then maybe learn to play lefty. Is that the trick?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I was wondering if Cathal McConnell plays the whistle sometimes at these sessions. Perhaps whistle and flute aren't considered compatible, I don't know anything about that. Just curious because I have his tutorial and I like his whistle playing a lot.

Edited to say Oh dear, I see I am in the flute forum so this would be on the topic of people playing flutes. Sorry.