[SOLD]: Sweetheart cherry d

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

[SOLD]: Sweetheart cherry d

Post by greenspiderweb »

SOLD

Now reduced to $40

Price: $50 including Priority Mail Insured shipping, to the lower 48, AK and HI more. Sorry, no shipping outside of the US.

This whistle is like new, but it may be a few years old. I'm selling this for a friend, who lent it to me to try. I was looking for a quiet whistle, and it can be played fairly quietly in the lower register, but the upper must be pushed, and gets quite loud, and sometimes it squawks, but that could be me, though. Since I live in an apartment, the neighbors won't mind!

I'm not good with high whistles, so you may be able to play it more quietly in the upper register with some breath control and venting, or the right cross fingering.

These appear to be discontinued, but if you find one still, they retailed for about $85-90, plus shipping.

I like the tone, especially in the lower register. It's a nice contrast to the metal whistles, with a warmer and woody tone.

I can take PayPal, if it's a direct debit from your bank account (not a credit card), or a US Postal Money Order works as well.

Any interest or questions, please email me or PM.

Thanks!
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~~~~
Barry
benbrad
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Whistle

Post by benbrad »

How about a picture?
Ben
greenspiderweb

Re: Whistle

Post by greenspiderweb »

benbrad wrote:How about a picture?
Since these are discontinued, they are a little hard to find a picture of, and I don't have that capability to take one. I did find a picture at Bigwhistle of a Maple C, that is identical in apperance for shape, it's just the warm red-brown of the cherry wood, and it's not as shiney. This whistle has the Sweetheart trademark stamp on the barrel, the S inside the heart.

Here's the link:

http://www.bigwhistle.co.uk/shop_result ... sweetheart
~~~~
Barry
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

I just put some Bol-Wax on the threads of the tenon, and it may have helped with the upper register. If I use enough breath pressure, it will play cleanly half way into the 2nd octave, above that it breaks up. It does get loud when pushing it like this, though. When it gets to screeching up there, it ain't pretty!

It has a nice tone, mellow and sweet until you get to the upper reaches. I imagine that is why Mr Sweet redesigned his whistle. From what I've heard, this is fairly typical in his older style whistles. His new Pro whistle is said to be much better. So, if you need that kind of reliable performance, that's the way to go.

If you're looking for something to play for fun, and outdoors, this might be a good candidate.
~~~~
Barry
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

The owner of the whistle agreed to a nice price reduction of $40 priority mail shipping included to the lower 48!
~~~~
Barry