Sky drones on ebay

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Sky drones on ebay

Post by PJ »

Where was this seller 2 months ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 05114&rd=1

$650 is the current bid. 2 days to go. They look very nice. If only I had the money.
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Still no bids and only 30 hours to go. I'm going to call my bank manager!!
Reepicheep

Post by Reepicheep »

If I wouldn't end up in divorce court, I'd put in a bid. Quite a deal at the current $650 considering they cost $1700 new. Will be interesting to see what the final bid is.
"... when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world in some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise..."
Reepicheep

Post by Reepicheep »

OMG they only went for $761.61! Thats almost 1 Grand less than a new set of Pat's Drones.

Did you get them PJ?

I am really wishin' that I had put in a bid... regardless of the trouble I'd get in with the DW.
"... when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world in some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise..."
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Somebody woke up happy this morning! Whoever bought them, I have no doubt, will likely make themselves known shortly. :D
onkel

Post by onkel »

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
Hans-Joerg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Germany, half an hour west of "Old Brunswick" (Braunschweig < Brunswieck)

Sky drones on ebay

Post by Hans-Joerg »

Welcome to uilleann list now, too, Onkel Claus and double congratulations. Firstly, for your marriage with Sandra and secondly for the drones. Claus and Sandra both are very advanced fluters and now Claus has been infected with the piping-virus that (hopefully) won´t be cured.
Best,
Hans
Joseph E. Smith

Congrats Onkel!
onkel

Post by onkel »

Thanks to both of you!

I suppose it's about time to introduce myself... I've played the flute for about 16 years. Somehow I never thought of playing the pipes until last summer, when a friend of mine left his pipes in our house for two weeks. It was a Roberts full set in D. I tried to get the machine going (bellows on the wrong side first...) and just after ten minutes, I was hooked to the Dark Side... :devil:

After that experience, I immediately got myself a Rogge POM practise set wich works very well. OK, I can't really tell, but that's what advanced pipers told me after they tried it out. Sound is very nice, too. Just a bit loud to my flute-players ears.

So now I'll be the owner of a half set soon! Thanks be to God, my wife is just as crazy as me, or even worse. She was thrilled I got the Sky drones.

Thanks to PJ for pointing me to the Ebay listing!

All the best
Claus
Joseph E. Smith

Welcome to the boards, and especially, the "DARK SIDE". :twisted:
Douglas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Douglas »

Congratulations Onkel. I had two of the seven bids. I thought those would go well with my Childress chanter.