L.E.'s Whistle Review in the Newsletter

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

L.E.'s Whistle Review in the Newsletter

Post by JessieK »

When I saw the title, The Best Whistle Review Ever, I thought "What am I, chopped liver?" Then I read the review and concluded that I am, indeed, by a long shot, chopped liver. What a beautiful review!!
~JessieD
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Yes, L.E.'s review is superbly written...but I have read your reviews also, Jessie. I normally read your reviews a number of times, to glean all the information, therein...Trust me, you are not chopped liver.

Hope you and family are OK.
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Jessie you aren't chopped liver, your reviews over the years have steered me and others (I assume) through the minefields of whistles and flutes.

But if you still think of yourself as chopped liver, then perchance it should be a fine fresh pate de fois gras, with fresh warm bread, maybe some brie, a glass of white wine on a fine summer's afternoon in the shade.

Don't let L. E's review stop you from posting your thoughts.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

If you're talking about my dear departed Grandmother's chopped liver, that would be a compliment, not a criticism... food of the Gods!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Jessie's not chopped liver. L.E., in addition to being who he is in the whistle world, is an accomplished and published author and playwright. Remember, when I said it was the best review ever, I was including ALL of the ones I've written. Increasingly, my reviews read like: "YIKES! THIS IS GREAT! WHoo-HOOO!"

Dale
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

I like chicken livers myself. And the gizzards too, if they are cooked right. Can you still get livers and gizzards at KFC?
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

That's the best review of a review I've ever seen.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

BoneQuint wrote:That's the best review of a review I've ever seen.
I believe if you had put a little more effort into the above comment, it would have been the best review of a review........oh, nevermind.

Dale
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Pass the Dramamine, please.

I'm getting dizzy.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

vomitbunny wrote:Can you still get livers and gizzards at KFC?
Locally they are available if you order them during the hours they operate the buffet.

I generally do not eat liver out, as I don't believe they drain them properly.
Reasonable person
Walden
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

We'll return to the subject of gizzards, livers and KFC later. As an exercise in extreme thread drift, I would now like to discuss dizziness. I had contemplated starting a thread about this, but since it fits nicely here (still waiting for the Dramamine, please), I'll proceed.

Over the past several years, I've noticed that I get dizzy when I work in certain positions, like upside down underneath a house trailer. This hasn't been much of a problem until day before yesterday, when I had to start repairing freeze breaks in the plumbing under a mobile home I've sold. After about half an hour, I was so dizzy, I had to stop.

I asked Arleen what this means. She said it was most likely Benign Positional Vertigo, and there are exercises that can treat it. I went on the Internet and found this:

http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic57.htm

To save you having to read the article, I quote:

"According to the canalolithiasis theory (the most widely accepted theory of the pathophysiology of BPV), BPV is caused by otoliths (calcium carbonate particles) that are inappropriately located in the posterior semicircular canals of the vestibular labyrinth."

For those of you for whom the meaning of this statement isn't immediately obvious, it means I have rocks in my head. (Calcium carbonate is limestone.) Others have been telling me this for as long as I can remember, but now we have a direct clinical confirmation.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Jerry Freeman wrote:We'll return to the subject of gizzards, livers and KFC later. As an exercise in extreme thread drift, I would now like to discuss dizziness. I had contemplated starting a thread about this, but since it fits nicely here (still waiting for the Dramamine, please), I'll proceed.
I've often gotten dizzy to the point of almost falling over, just from standing up too quickly after lying down or kneeling. (This goes back at least to my college days, so it's not just an old age thing.)

The worst, though was due to an inner ear infection about eight years ago.

I stood up to walk from my office to my bedroom and got so dizzy that I had to cling to the door frame. It settled down a bit, so I began to walk again, but promptly fell to the floor as it came back with a vengance. Fortunately, I managed to drag myself to the toilet before I began to throw up. As long as I lay perfectly still, I was fine, but the slightest movement restarted the upchuck engine.

My wife called 911, and the poor EMT workers had to drag me out of our narrow little bathroom by the ankles, and then struggle to lift me to a gurney--while dodging emissions of stomach contents.

This was during my top weight of 255 pounds, and I was completely unable to help them--just six-feet-three-inches of limp meat. There were only three of them, and it took a lot of effort.

Of course, the cause of the dizziness wasn't immediately obvious, so I had to go through a brain scan, to make sure it wasn't due to a tumor or something before they would give me a little dramamine-equivalent. When they did, it cleared right up. I still had to stay in the hospital for several days, though, while antibiotics cleared up the infection. It was a nice vacation, really--once I stopped vomitting. (Nothing personal Bunny, but it warn't no fun.)

Now I get dizzy just thinking about it... :sniffle:

Hey, Jerry, how is Arleen doin' now?
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Thanks for asking, Mike.

She's better every week. She's now well into cardiac rehab, goes three times per week. Everything's progressing according to plan, and she'll probably begin working again the first week in September. Again, our heartfelt thanks to all who've chipped in, prayed, offered words of encouragement, etc. You're a godsend, and you've really made all the difference.

Best wishes,
Jerry

P.S. I haven't forgotten that there are a couple of people who won Jerry-tweaked whistles. I'll get them in the mail to you before much longer.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Jerry Freeman wrote:She's better every week.
Cool.
P.S. I haven't forgotten that there are a couple of people who won Jerry-tweaked whistles. I'll get them in the mail to you before much longer.
I hope everyone saw my little review of the Jerry-tweaked Shaw low G that I won.
If'n you missed it, it's at http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... ht=#234017
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Anyway, I love chopped liver :)

PhilO
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.