Benifit for Jerry O'Sullivan June 17 Tara Circle Yonker, NY.

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Wizzer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Benifit for Jerry O'Sullivan June 17 Tara Circle Yonker, NY.

Post by Wizzer »

The friends of Jerry O’Sullivan will be holding a benefit concert on Thursday evening June 17 at the Tara Circle in Yonkers, NY, http://www.taracircle.org/. Start time is yet to be determined but 7:00 pm should be a safe bet.
Entertainment will be featuring Eileen Ivers Band, Cherish the Ladies, Morning Star and many others. An organization committee has been set up and will meet again at the Tara on Tuesday May 18th volunteers are needed for various committees as well as people to serve as staff on the day of the event.
Joanne Madden of Cherish is serving as Entertainment Chairman
Sister Breda Galavan will be the Coordinator for the Tara Circle
Raffle tickets for prizes will be announced soon.
Ailin
antispam: No

Post by Ailin »

Wow. Certainly no offense to Jerry, but too bad everyone has to settle for Joanie Madden teaching the whistle class instead of Jerry! :wink: Best to you Jerry!

Ailin
djm

Post by djm »

Sorry, but why does he need a benefit concert?

djm
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

It was noted he was in the hospital this past February.
previous discussion:
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 303#223053
Pipey

Jerry O'Sullivan

Post by Pipey »

The Benefit Concert is being held to help Jerry cover some significant medical expenses from several months of treatments. He has many friends in the Irish Traditional Music community and they wanted to show their support by putting together the Event. The treatments appear to be successful but he still has an upcoming surgery as a final element in his recovery. Meanwhile, his upcoming CD -- "O'Sullivan Meets O'Farrell" is now back on track with graphics and production work underway. Jerry sends his best to everyone on the C&F Forum.
"So many tunes, so little time"

Member - www.hudsonriverpipersclub.com
Wizzer

Anyone wishing to donate a prize for our Raftle

Post by Wizzer »

Please e-mail me pita1@optonline.net or Sister Breda at the Tara Circle http://www.taracircle.org/ or JOANIE MADDEN . Joanie can be reached at CTLadies@aol. Joanie is on the road so you may get a quicker response with my self or the Sister Breda.
We are getting some great Prizes donated and should have the list posted by this time next week. We expect prizes to keep comming in and their could be many winners.
The event will be on June 17 the drawing for the prizes will be later in order to have sufficient time to sell raffle tickets. Friends of Jerry are asked to help in any way they can.
mconners

Re: Jerry O'Sullivan

Post by mconners »

Pipey wrote:...his upcoming CD -- "O'Sullivan Meets O'Farrell" is now back on track with graphics and production work underway. Jerry sends his best to everyone on the C&F Forum.
Jerry played a few tunes from the O'Farrell collection at this past year's Al Purcell event in Ann Arbor.

Great tunes played very, very well.

I'll purchase that CD when it comes out.

Prayers for Jerry's full recovery and long life.
Wizzer

June 17th comming soon

Post by Wizzer »

Some great music for a good cause.
Wizzer

bump

Post by Wizzer »

We will be holding the even this Thursday evening if you can make it please do if not you can send a donation. Make checks payable to Jerry O’Sullivan Benefit Fund
Jerry O’Sullivan Benefit Fund
c/o Dara M. Kane
479 Park Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10703-2121.

We will be setting up an e-bay auction for instruments donated in a short while and our Raffle will be going on until September for some great prizes. Paypal is set up and will be included when we have our auction set up.
Phil Armstrong
Wizzer

Thank You

Post by Wizzer »

The committee running the Benefit would like to thank all those who attended and made generous donations.
For those who could not attend you missed a spectacular night.
First we had torrential rains that forced us to move the event inside Alder Manor instead of the lawn. The event was staged in the two large rooms (25 x 50 I believe and now you know why it was a manor) The rain ceased in time for people to make it from the Parking lot to the Manor House.
Almost any one on the ITM circuit in the North east who could make it was there even with the some roads being flooded out. I do not think there is enough room to start a list of the musicians and artist in attendance. This was a real tribute to Jerry who was present with his family and they were overwhelmed with the great support displayed.
As I reflect back I am amazed so many made the efforts to get to the event. Jerry is a great guy who has always been there when other needed him and it is obvious that many in the ITM community felt a great need to support and give something back and help him thru this tough path.
The weather did however not allow us to reach our goal for the evening but we are still raising funds.
Our Raffle sales will be on going until September 12 2004 and our auctions for instruments that have been generously donated will be announced very soon. We will have some very fine instruments so please keep your eyes open for the announcement.