Davy Spillane's whistles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Davy Spillane's whistles?

Post by blackhawk »

I seem to remember a thread where someone was saying Davy was going to make them available for puchase in April. Has anyone seen one yet?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Talbert will have to answer that question. He is the one that brought it up in that thread.

I thought about liniking to it, but is it has a pretty unfriendly feel to it.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

According to Davy (in an email directly from himself) his whistles have been available for years. Expensive too. And by God they are NOT Overtons or Chieftains! And don't you DARE even think it! :lol: :roll:
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Brian Lee wrote:According to Davy (in an email directly from himself) his whistles have been available for years. Expensive too. And by God they are NOT Overtons or Chieftains! And don't you DARE even think it! :lol: :roll:
Expensive, eh. So expensive that if you have to ask how much or where to look for more information you should not even think about asking expensive? :boggle:

THAT is expensive!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Davy Spillane's whistles?

Post by Dale »

blackhawk wrote:I seem to remember a thread where someone was saying Davy was going to make them available for puchase in April. Has anyone seen one yet?
Hey look. This is me--holding my breath.

Dale
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Think he's send me a free one for review? Hehe.

Dale
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I am confused: is it sadism or masochism to even have a thread like this?
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

The Weekenders wrote:I am confused: is it sadism or masochism to even have a thread like this?
Yes.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:I am confused: is it sadism or masochism to even have a thread like this?
Yes.
Indeed. What idiot started this thread? :boggle:

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

DaleWisely wrote:Think he's send me a free one for review? Hehe.

Dale
:lol: :lol: :lol:

--Plato
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I have an idea. And I'm kinda serious.

I propose that I write Davy and order a Low D whistle. I propose that a consortium of board members, say somewhere in the range of 5 and 15 people, chip in to pay for it. (Maybe more if the price is what I'm afraid it might be :o ). We await a response from Davy. If the response is--nothing--then that will be of interest. If the response is--not now but later--that is also news. If we actually get a whistle...the whistle goes on tour from member-to-member of the consortium, each of whom writes a mini-review (which I would imagine would end up being pretty darn positive). When the tour is complete and the reviewswritten and published, the instrument is raffled for charity. The original investors get a chance to win, obviously.

I don't even NEED your feedback, this idea is so cool. But give it to me anyway.

Love & kisses
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

That's an interesting idea, Dale. I'm in. Keep us informed, and let us know how much we need to chip, (if he answers you at all). I actually started the thread due to my badly warped sense of humor, but your idea is a good one.

--Plato
Talbert St. Claire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Spillane Whistle.

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Hi Dale,

I do have one of Davy's Low Whistle's. I spoke with him as I wanted to record something with it and post it on Chiff for all to hear. Davy told me to hold off for now until they are ready for go out on the market in a few weeks! I must except his answer. The Low Whistle is nothing short of amazing! The whistle will be in various stores around the world soon in a few weeks.Thom Larson at the whistle shop will also carry them as Davy also contacted him as one of the supplyer's.

P.S. I think it's a great idea regarding the Whistle tour! :thumbsup: -Tal
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

There you have it.

Now I have to go back and change all the places on the website where I state that I've never heard from anyone who has one of Davy's whistles.

Congratulations Talbert.

Dale
Talbert St. Claire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

thanks!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Dale,

Thank You very much!! :wink: Thom Larsen from the Whistle Shop i'm sure will give any information regarding the D.S. Low Whistle coming soon. I can tell you this much about Davy's Low Whistle:

1-Aluminium body
2-Black Mouthpiece. Atleast the Prototype that I have! It's very Similiar to a Howard in design.
3-VERY BIG finger holes. I mean really LARGE!
4-Good back-pressure overall. Very Balanced and a powerful sound.
5-It's signed on the back of it. Me and Davy was trying to figure out which type of signature would look the COOLEST! He's very thorough.

I hope that bit of information helps describe the Whistle. At this time Davy did mention that there was a slight set-back regarding the production side of things. Davy is making all the body's but the mouthpiece is manufactured! But that it would not off set the target date for the whistle to appear on the market soon. I hope that you guys enjoy it as much as I do! :) -Tal
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!