Sweetheart Professional Model and volume

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Sweetheart Professional Model and volume

Post by Redwolf »

As most of you know, I play whistle for my daughter's Morris troupe. Normally I play a Susato Kildare, since it's loud enough to be heard out of doors, with sticks and bells, and with other instruments. At some of the venues at which we'll be performing, however, a plastic whistle really looks out of place. I have my Busman, which would be perfect, except that I don't want to haul it around in my car in all kinds of weather, risking damage to one of my favorite whistles. I've found myself increasingly drawn to the new Sweetheart Professional in the birch laminate for this purpose, and I'm wondering how it is volume-wise. I really do need something that can be heard easily. Impressions?

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

Loud enough to suit your purpose, but not as piercing as the Susato.
Louder than my Abell or Burke.
write me if you want a phone demo <laughing>
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
elendil

Post by elendil »

Absolutely. It's my WOP (whistle of preference). Here's the good thing about it. Not only can it hold its own in the upper register, it does so in the lower range as well. I use it when my son is on his flute and it comes through loud and clear even on Em type reels. It has largish holes, by the way, and it's pretty convenient to half hole accidentals: F, Eb, G# (also has a goodish cross fingered one), etc. Makes it a little more versatile than some whistles. But don't let Tyghress blow in your ear with that thing. It's not shrill like a Susato, but you definitely will want to hold the receiver away from your ear. Either that or tell Tyghress to stand on the other side of the room.
elendil
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

LimuHead plays one - at last November's get-together he had no difficulty being heard, no matter how many others were playing.

Sounds good, looks good. It isn't at the top of my Whistle Lust List, but intend to get one sooner or later (it's a toss-up whether I'll get this one or a Burke first - this might give you an idea how much I liked it).
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Sounds like what I'm looking for, for sure. When Uncle Sam comes through with my refund, then....

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!