Murray Flute Photos

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
D. Allan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Murray Flute Photos

Post by D. Allan »

I spoke to Sam Murray last week and he has agreed to create a keyless blackwood instrument for me. I am interested in feedback and especially some more photos of Sam's instruments owned by members and non-members.

I talked with Sam about a 2.25-3mm offset toward the palm for the 3rd 'G' hole and Sam actually suggested medium sized holes and bringing them a bit closer together. I thought both of these appropriate suggestions - as long as the tone is not affected adversely. Again any feedback from those experienced with offset measurements and hole distance is greatly appriciated.

I have considered some of Sam's more intricate silver band work but have not yet decided on the cosmetics for the instrument.

If you have one of Sam's instrument or know someone who does, with or without modification from Sam or elsewhere, I'd love to hear your experiences and see a photo or two.

Thank You
All the Best
Dean
pixyy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Hi Dean,

I don't own a Murray flute myself.
The only place I know of that contains pictures of a Murray flute is the legendary Flute P0rn thread. Check it out if you haven't already.

cheers
Jeroen
ojvoj

Post by ojvoj »

sorry
Last edited by ojvoj on Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Par Kristoffersson
Sweden
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
ojvoj

Post by ojvoj »

sorry
Last edited by ojvoj on Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gcollins

Post by gcollins »

what a sexy flute!!!
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Pär du får komma ner med din Murray nästa gång vi har en session på "Bishops Arms - sist var det ett antal bra flöjter med, en Grinter med klaffar, en Cotter med klaffar, en Williams med klaffar, och en Hamilton
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

What's the emoticon for "pant, pant"?
:love:
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

What's the emoticon for "pant, pant"?
:love:
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
phcook

Post by phcook »

Steampacket has problems with his keyboard, or E.T.s have landed?
Breizh soner
skh

Post by skh »

phcook wrote:Steampacket has problems with his keyboard, or E.T.s have landed?
Steampacket's telling indecent jokes about a Grinter, a Cotter, a Williams and a Hamilton walking into a bar, and doesn't want us to laugh, too.

Sonja
Shut up and play.
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Sorry, I forgot - I just said that Pär "ojvoj" should come down to our session at the "Bishops Arms" and bring his Murry as at the last session we had there was a keyed Grinter, a keyed Cotter, a keyed Williams and a Hamilton. thinking it would be nice to compare - that's all -

Here's one for ye all: A friend, Oswold, went into a shady part of town a week ago, with his Olwell on the back seat of his car. He parked outside a pub and went in for a tonic water. The barman asked him if he locked his car doors. Oh no! shouted Oswold, and rushed out to the car park - too late!! - someone had opened the passenger door and thrown in another Olwell --- He He, couldn't resist
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Steampacket wrote:Here's one for ye all: A friend, Oswold, went into a shady part of town a week ago, with his Olwell on the back seat of his car. He parked outside a pub and went in for a tonic water. The barman asked him if he locked his car doors. Oh no! shouted Oswold, and rushed out to the car park - too late!! - someone had opened the passenger door and thrown in another Olwell --- He He, couldn't resist
/me shakes his fist

:lol:
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

That's too cute!

Mary
fluter_d

Post by fluter_d »

Nanohedron wrote:
Steampacket wrote:Here's one for ye all: A friend, Oswold, went into a shady part of town a week ago, with his Olwell on the back seat of his car. He parked outside a pub and went in for a tonic water. The barman asked him if he locked his car doors. Oh no! shouted Oswold, and rushed out to the car park - too late!! - someone had opened the passenger door and thrown in another Olwell --- He He, couldn't resist
/me shakes his fist

His fist, Nano, or his hand?? :lol:

(Oswold's, that is)
D. Allan

Post by D. Allan »

Thanks Ojovj -
I saw your original post with the photo and it really turned me toward Sam and his instruments. Love the photo.

I also read your post about the Marcus Hernon flute. Marcus returned my email today and am looking forward to his work as well.

Thanks everyone for the feedback ...

All the Best
Dean