Let it be lost Royce Lerwick is a freaked out maniac! thread

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Uilleann Lady
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Let it be lost Royce Lerwick is a freaked out maniac! thread

Post by Uilleann Lady »

Hi Rick and Liam, I'm glad someone else thinks the way I do, I think there are many others out there feel the same way. I know I'm relatively new to the forum. But I don’t think these forums should allow someone such as Royce who seems to hate the whole world to spread their propaganda of every ones fault and all who visit the forum have to pay the price of this attitude of destruction.

I know some members has answered him back, maybe due to feeling they had no choice other than answer back, or taking the Mickey. Please allow this thread get lost in History for ever. We don't need this, as I'm sure we all have problems of our own and do not pull everything down round us.

Thank you for your time and I think we all should send Royce to Coventry.

Slán
Alice :wink:
djm

Post by djm »

What's in Coventry that you would condemn Royce there?

Thx,

djm
Uilleann Lady

Post by Uilleann Lady »

What's in Coventry that you would condemn Royce there?

Thx,

djm
Hi djm,

Being sent to Coventry is a saying, which means not to speak, answer or let on they are there. This is an expression used here in England. I think it originated from the Unions, who would send members to Coventry for breaking picket lines during strike action etc.

Alice
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

From Dictionary.com:

Cov·en·try A state of ostracism or exile: “It's not that smoke-filled rooms are back; smokers huddle in Coventry these days” (Flora Lewis).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[After Coventry1 England (possibly from the sending of Royalist prisoners there during the English Civil War).]

Robert Heinlein wrote a novella called Coventry about a state where people were exiled for antisocial behavior, which was a device Aldous Huxley used earlier in his famous dystopian novel Brave New World.
djm

Post by djm »

Ah! A "shunning".

I don't agree with you, but I support your right to voice your opinion on this board, and same for Royce (as long as there are those same stalwart voices to let us know the full of his stories).

djm
Irish Terrier

Post by Irish Terrier »

Hi,

djm, your right!!! we would miss out in a lot of complete loon stuff and the fun is just so good that it makes me roll all over the floor.

Royces No 1 fan,

Seamus :devil:
boyd
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Post by boyd »

Lerwick is [the main town] on Shetland.

B

edited to adjust the brackets
Uilleann Lady

Post by Uilleann Lady »

(as long as there are those same stalwart voices to let us know the full of his stories).

djm
Yes, that may not always be the case and some innocent guy will have the finger pointed at them and no one to defend him, and the sorry thing is someone will start to believe this rubbish. Did you ever hear the old saying, "If a thing is repeated often enough, people start to believe it"

This sort of person who, as I see it, tells a lot of lies accuses almost everyone in his wake of all sorts and as I see it he is very dangerous, not only to people he accuses of mishaps and wrongs. But to the Uilleann piping community in general, breeding distrust among fellow pipers and cause upset after upset to members of this board and non-members also.

I believe the less we encourage this sort of behaviour the better for everyone. Seámus it may seem to be fun for some, but for others this is serious stuff.

Slán,
Alice
djm

Post by djm »

Alice, I see what you mean.

Understand, though, that I, and probably several others on this forum, was not familiar with Royce, nor his chequered past. Now that we are acquainted with him and his ways, we can all deal with him as you suggest when warranted (i.e. sometimes he makes valid postings).

Of course, it doesn't help that I jump in and shoot off my mouth too quickly, anyways ... :roll:

djm
Royce

Post by Royce »

delete
Last edited by Royce on Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royce

Post by Royce »

delete
Last edited by Royce on Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

Royce is that a promise or a threat?

Alice given that Coventry was badly bombed during WW2 can't we give them a break and send him to Siberia! after all he has got the furry hat an all,check out Royceworld on the net!!

Peace to ye all :tantrum:
Slan go Foill
Liam
Uilleann Lady

Post by Uilleann Lady »

Alice given that Coventry was badly bombed during WW2 can't we give them a break and send him to Siberia! after all he has got the furry hat an all,check out Royceworld on the net!!

Peace to ye all
Slan go Foill
Liam
I think they have it hard enough in Russia also. I thought the deal was with Patrick and Royce. Why is his whole family, Belfast and the Irish getting roasted for his problems. The only one stereotype casting and the only place I am getting this stereotype casting is here from the guy sent to Coventry.

Slán,
Alice :lol:
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Royce has written about 6 or 7 full pages of verbage about this crap. The original post could of read "Don't send pipes to Patrick O'Hare of Belfast, he will keep what you send him, refuse to answer when you phone or write to him, and I am told as well that he has greatly modified the chanter I sent him two years ago." Short and sweet. Ain't gonna happen! "I can type 80 WPM! It's got to be ruder! More boring! How can I extrapolate on a subject like not returning phone calls and make it sound like he's poisoning my drinking water?!?!"