Opinions on original tune

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
theweirdscotsman

Opinions on original tune

Post by theweirdscotsman »

Hey guys. I hope this is the right place to post this. Anyway- I just came up with the outlines of this tune and the accompinament, so I decided I'd lay down a rough take and post it. The tune is still a work in progress (hence the mistakes) and I'm really not too much of a whistle player cause i tend to stick to the highland pipes, so please excuse the chokes for now.
I played guitar and whistle on it with a drum machine.
I'll try to get a better version up soon. Any comments would be great. Thanks, William

www.nowhereradio.com/wsm
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

???

Checked it out, but I didn't see anything to click on for listening. What am I missing?
theweirdscotsman

Post by theweirdscotsman »

Hey- sorry about that. It is a little difficult to find the song.
After you go to www.nowhereradio.com/wsm , on the right, under the search thing, click on discography. Then click on singles then the song. Thanks
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Thanks, William. I'll check it out when I'm off of work!
mat
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Opinions on original tune

Post by mat »

theweirdscotsman wrote:I'm really not too much of a whistle player

Oh really! :lol:

Seriously, that's damn fine!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Good job, William!
Antaine

Post by Antaine »

took me awhile to get it to play...I love it...
energy

Post by energy »

I hate talented young people. They're maddening. ;)

Ahh, anyway, about the tune...it sounds good. Very modern and jazzy-maybe I detect some Chris Armstrong influence? There's nothing I can suggest changing in the tune, it's fine the way it is. I do think you should mess around with finding different breathing spots so you can vary them, though, that could help it flow along a bit better. Outside of that not much to say except "cool."
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
Royce

Re: Opinions on original tune

Post by Royce »

theweirdscotsman wrote:Hey guys. I hope this is the right place to post this. Anyway- I just came up with the outlines of this tune and the accompinament, so I decided I'd lay down a rough take and post it. The tune is still a work in progress (hence the mistakes) and I'm really not too much of a whistle player cause i tend to stick to the highland pipes, so please excuse the chokes for now.
I played guitar and whistle on it with a drum machine.
I'll try to get a better version up soon. Any comments would be great. Thanks, William

www.nowhereradio.com/wsm
Yeah, got that Highland tight doubling thing going on there. I lived in Johnson City for a while in junior high. Actually I think it was Jonesborough, just outside there a piece.

It's just too hip for old farts like me and I think you may have broken the "no jazz" rule. Other than that I'm interested in what 300 dollar whistle you played that on. (Just joking because it was probably a ten dollar Generation or something but I can't resist needling the codgers with the big jobs and the crate full of designer whistles who'll never ever play that well.)

I'd hire you to play backup on guitar but you'd just take my job on whistle and no doubt UP and get me kicked out of my own band.

Royce