Jerry Freeman Rocks

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
cj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Jerry Freeman Rocks

Post by cj »

I just got the tweaked Shaw A back from Jerry, the major domo of whistle-tweaking, and it sounds soooo beautiful! It's such a joy to play. I'd recommend Jerry's work to anyone. Thanks again.

Cindy
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

Oh, I thought you were selling a bunch of rocks out of Jerry's yard. I was already reaching for my checkbook. :D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
cj

Post by cj »

They might be for sale on e-bay, next to the strange items falling from someone's ceiling . . . :lol:
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Thanks, CJ, for the kind words.

Blackhawk, you don't know how funny your comment really is. I live where an ice age glacier dumped mountains of them. There's more rocks than soil here. Typical name for a farm, "Painful Acres." Don't try to dig a posthole. All you'll get is blisters and a poststructural dent in the ground.

Best wishes,
Jerry
glauber

Jerry rocks

Post by glauber »

But can he roll?
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
corinthia

Post by corinthia »

Oh, I've been meaning to mail him my Shaw low D, but I just... I just am afraid I'll miss it too much if I send it off all by itself to him! It might get lonely and miss me! What if it's lost in the mail? I can get postal insurance, but... A monetary re-imbursement is not the same as HAVING a Shaw Low D, which I had to custom order and wait some time for.

But I have heard wonderful things about his tweaking. *sigh* I suppose I will mail it to him... soon...
cj

Post by cj »

Go ahead and put it in the mail to him, corinthia, you'll be glad you did!
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I would suggest finding out what the tweak involved may be and if it affects any custom work you may have had done first. Would be a shame to have the tweak nullify that.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I think Corinthia means she had to special order (not in stock) the whistle and wait for it to arrive.

The Shaw tweaking I do will not alter the basic format of the whistle. If anyone ever wanted to, they could reverse the tweak.

Best wishes,
Jerry
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Thanks, CJ, for the kind words.

Blackhawk, you don't know how funny your comment really is. I live where an ice age glacier dumped mountains of them. There's more rocks than soil here. Typical name for a farm, "Painful Acres." Don't try to dig a posthole. All you'll get is blisters and a poststructural dent in the ground.
That's hilarious, Jerry! What a coincidence that I'd make a joke about rocks in your yard. :)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I would be happy to sell them, but I would be afraid everything would fall down, since there's nothing but rocks holding everything up. Hardly any dirt, to speak of.
corinthia

Post by corinthia »

Yeah, that's what I did - I special ordered it from the folk music store where I used to work. It's not custom made or anything though. Jerry, I was planning to swing by the bookstore later, and they have packing tubes which SHOULD be large enough for my whistle. If so, I'll buy one and get the ball rolling.