Bubb Rubb - Why has nobody here mentioned him yet?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Bubb Rubb - Why has nobody here mentioned him yet?

Post by raindog1970 »

I'm sitting here completely out of breath and with aching sides from laughing so hard at the "Bubb Rubb" news interview.
Apparently this guy is an Internet celebrity now, much like the "Star Wars Kid"... so why hasn't anybody here mentioned him yet?
OK, so the interview was really about some annoying device that you have welded into your muffler to make your vehicle whistle... but I still think "Bubb Rubb" should be made an honorary C&F member or something. :lol:
I think I may even shove a pennywhistle up my tailpipe and see if I can start a similar fad here in Tennessee! :P
Here's a brief clip of the interview featuring whistle fan "Bubb Rubb" for those of you who haven't already seen it.
http://webpages.charter.net/raindog1970/BubbRubb.wmv
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Easily_Deluded_Fool
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Easily_Deluded_Fool »

A harmless cheap prank is to get some cheap plastic party whistles,
flat ones for choice, and stick them underneath a car, so that when the car moves, the whistle sounds. When the car stops - 'cos the driver hears a strange noise, the sound stops - driver scratches head - gets back into car - car whistles .... and so on.
Use sticky/blue/white tack or double sided tape.

Not that I would ever do this of course.
No, not me :twisted:
No whistles were harmed in the transmission of this communication.
pixyy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Re: Bubb Rubb - Why has nobody here mentioned him yet?

Post by pixyy »

This dude hits the nail on the head.
Many times folks have asked me what it is about these whistles...

But is the WHOOO HOOOO (y'know whatI'm sayin'!??)

Pixyy
whooohooo
serpent

glorification of stupidity

Post by serpent »

Funny.. I listened to the interview and thought, "what an imbecile". I guess his celebrity is due to the same sort of attitude that causes one to watch (or be on?) the Jerry Springer show. Kind of the same thing that makes us slow down and gawk at a particularly bloody automobile accident. I'll but his momma is proud...

serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
DCrom

Re: glorification of stupidity

Post by DCrom »

serpent wrote:Funny.. I listened to the interview and thought, "what an imbecile". I guess his celebrity is due to the same sort of attitude that causes one to watch (or be on?) the Jerry Springer show. Kind of the same thing that makes us slow down and gawk at a particularly bloody automobile accident. I'll but his momma is proud...

serpent
My wife (not born in the US) finds Jerry Springer and his ilk fascinating, in a look-whats-hiding-under-this-rock sort of way. She also says that if really though they were representative of life here in the US she'd never have dared to immigrate. :twisted:

After watching a particularly egregious episode (and giving me a blow-by-blow - literally! - description when I came into the room) she asked me what my first reaction would be if I got an invitation to appear on one of these shows. My first reaction was "empty our bank account and buy a ticket for Brazil" :D I was *very* relieved that she felt much the same way - I was *terrified* she wanted to be on TV (and had something to interest them)! :o :o :boggle:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Something new to spice up my ol' hooptie...LOL. All that's required is that your ride's body panels be compromised enough with age to buzz like a kazoo when the über-bass kicks in. Heard that one before; I laughed for days. A one-ton kazoo with automatic transmission and a whistle up the tailpipe...no need to worry about hitting any deer! They'd hear you a mile off. :lol:

Whatever makes you feel like you've got a life, I suppose... :roll:
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I've heard of Bubb Rubb and his whistling tailpipe device. I just never thought of telling anyone else. Can't remember if I read about him on this board...

Jerry Springer- Someone told me they knew someone who got onto the show as a 'guest' by totally fabricating an outrageous story. I have run across people who really are like the guests. Lives in total chaos. Makes me want to be a hermit.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”