New Sweetheart Pro Whistles in plastic [Commercial Content]

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Preferred Profile

1: All plastic with ivoroid beads
7%
2: Plastic with Permali beads
15%
3: Henry Ford model: all black plastic
69%
4: Permali body and barrel with plastic upper
4%
5: Permali body and most of the head with balance in plastic
4%

Total votes: 67

synergy

Post by synergy »

benbrad wrote:Thanks to everyone for the kind and sympathetic replies. I just thought it would be neat if the high end whistle makers could make injection molded copies of their high end whistles if for no other reason than the beutiful looks their whistles have. I'd be willing to bet that they would sell a tremendous amount if they would. I don't see me ever spending $250 - $350 for a whistle. I just can't justify it. I did pay $180 for a whistle once but I don't think I will ever do that again. I got a great whistle for that price (used) but I have felt guilty about paying that much ever since. I feel really selfish about it. My wife would never do that to me as she is very frugal and sensible.
You see, my wife would just castrate me :o Just kidding!! She's a wonderful and supportive wife but I don't make enough to be able to justify spending that kind of money on a whistle. I like to stay under $200 for the highest price. I would love to own a Copeland but unless a used one falls my way (and even then most likely won't be under $200), I'll probably never see one in my hands. There are alot of great whistles under $200 available and unless I'm recording or performing professionally, I don't need anything more expensive than that. It is nice to dream though. :D
cavefish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

ralphs whistleS are one of the best-------besides the man guarantees everything he makes , ,even if bought second hand-----------as least he did me-------but it has to be a defect from the factory-----------anyway great man of his word-------------------TRUE AMERICAN BUSINESS MAN--------------------
O’Sluagahadain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by O’Sluagahadain »

I really like the all-black and the black with wooden rings. Very classy!
Play On!

(¯¯[)¯¯¯¯¯((¯¯¯¯¯¯¯o¯O¯o¯O¯O¯o¯¯¯¯)
_________________ O'Sluagahadain ___
waltsweet

Plastic Pro Whistles

Post by waltsweet »

The new plastic Pros should be ready next month, same price. There will be one model, designed to play better than what came before. We're eager to hear what you think of them when they come out. Thanks for reading.

Walt
scoutcow

Post by scoutcow »

Can't you send one on a tour :D
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

waltsweet wrote:The new plastic Pros should be ready next month, same price.
So, what's that price? Is blackplastic the same price as blackwood? :-?

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
ElPollo

Post by ElPollo »

I hope that, at some point in the future, we'll be able to buy resonance in plastic with interchangeable heads. That would definatly make it's way onto my wishlist if they were as good as the wooden. :)
waltsweet

Plastic Pros

Post by waltsweet »

The tour sounds like a good idea.
The price would be the same as Permali (the laminate). Blackwood is under discussion.
The Resonance in plastic? That would mean the LoD. Yes, that's under serious consideration, too. However, the flute is not interchangeable with the whistle because the bores are different in the body, and plastic will not change that incompatibility. When the bores were the same, we got two lame instruments; now the bores are different so each one is the best we can make it.
ElPollo

Re: Plastic Pros

Post by ElPollo »

waltsweet wrote: The Resonance in plastic? That would mean the LoD. Yes, that's under serious consideration, too. However, the flute is not interchangeable with the whistle because the bores are different in the body, and plastic will not change that incompatibility. When the bores were the same, we got two lame instruments; now the bores are different so each one is the best we can make it.
Thank you for the explanation. Guess I'll have to give up that dream then. (The interchangeable part that is, not the getting a Resonance at some point)
MagicSailor

Re: Plastic Pro Whistles

Post by MagicSailor »

waltsweet wrote:The new plastic Pros should be ready next month, same price. There will be one model, designed to play better than what came before.
So, what design did you settle on?

Owen
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

crookedtune wrote:Seems like the black ones have something missing....... oh yeah, holes! :lol: Seriously, they look great. I favor the wood-tone ring look, as well as the Goth. Nice work!
Thought we really had advanced there for a minute, magic invisible whistle-holes. :)
Kenny A. Chaffin
Photos: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/pencil.html
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
riverman

Post by riverman »

Thomaston wrote:Honestly, I think that if you put silver rings where you've put the ivoroid and permali in 1 and 2, I'd like it better than all 5 of them.
Oh, YEAH!! :D :D
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.