world's largest piper!

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
kevin m.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kevin m. »

Hi everyone,i don't usually stray onto this board,but i just had to tell you all about the strangest image i have seen today! Today's edition of the U.K. newspaper 'The Guardian' had a feature on e-commerce in Asia which was illustrated by a colour photo of a stonemason working on a statue of the Hindu god Ganesh.I had to do a bit of a double take,as the elephant headed god appeared to be playing UILLEANN PIPES! Indeed,the statue was so large,that the mason was squatting with one foot on the bellows! The chanter was resting on elephant head's leg,and he was using correct pipers' grip! Even the regulators were there! I just wish that i had a scanner,so that i could prove to you all that i'm not making this up! Did anyone else see this strange vision? !!
bagpipeworks

Post by bagpipeworks »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bagpipeworks on 2002-12-14 11:47 ]</font>
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Kevin...was that picture with the article "World Wide Wealth?" Which section of the paper was it...and you say Dec 12 issue?

Davy, click on FAQ above and scroll down to images...it will explain the process of posting pictures.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorenzo on 2002-12-12 14:11 ]</font>
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

The pic did appear in the 'worldwide wealth article,in the 'On-line' supplement.Pleased to hear that someone else spotted this image.Wonder what tune he was playing?!
AlanB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by AlanB »

I know a couple of pipers that fit the description! The great piping of Sean O'Kali....
Alan