STILL FOR SALE - assorted band Flutes & Piccolos

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

305.00 GBP

=

627.520 USD

Is this high for a Seery? How much new?
jemtheflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by jemtheflute »

Jim, I certainly have seen 2nd hand Seerys go for less, but in terms of what I paid for it it isn't worth me taking less - I can wait. Seery's own website still seems to be off-line, but last time I was able to check he asked 525 Euros for the wooden-cased Delrin including P&P, which equated to about £365/U$730 at the exchange rates current when I first posted this thread - would be worse now! There is one on-line UK shop I have found currently offering Seery "Senior" model flutes for £299.99 without the wooden case but with a gig-bag.

Given the much debated qualities of Delrin, I don't see much point in discounting significantly because it is second hand. Stateside, you'd probably get a new one cheaper from Doc Jones, if he has any, as transatlantic P&P would add about another £20 to my price. Whatever Seery is up to (didn't someone say he was doing a bulk order for schools or some-such?), he doesn't seem to be putting out much to the general market at present. A GB or European purchaser from me would be getting the flute about 10% cheaper than direct from Seery and it's available now.
If I don't sell it here, I'm sure I'll shift it OK at a festival next season, if I actually manage to get out and do some hawking (failed to this summer just gone......)!

"Kev" - I've only just spotted your query about the Seery as you have rather messed up your posting! I see you are a newbie - Welcome to C&F, but if I could ask you a favour, please edit those posts - you can cut out the irrelevant elements of the "quote", and you would communicate better by putting your question outside the "quote". Sorry, that's why I didn't see it or respond sooner. The answer to your question, however, is apparent in my original description of the flute(s) - "I currently have the following second hand flutes available for sale" and "Pristine condition, little used".
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Further to a request from an interested party, I've now done some sound clips for the Seery. With the usual caveat about relatively hasty recordings on an unfamiliar flute (i.e. my excuses for duff playing!), here they are:

Scales and arpeggios
Jig: The Jig of Slurs
Hornpipe: O'Carolan's Concerto
Reels: The Connacht Heifers & The Man of the House

I hope those are helpful.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
irish69
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by irish69 »

Do you have any reasonably priced 8 keyed flutes now Mr. Jem?
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

I'm sorry I've nothing ready for sale at present save the band flutes and piccolos above and the Seery - there are several interesting possibilities in my "in box" but I've had no time to work on them lately. I've been solidly applied to my main job as a taxi driver over the Xmas period - our peak season - and now I'm up to my neck in accounts/tax doings that have to be sorted before the end of January. I'm also in the middle of overhauling a German 8-keyer for Andy MacLauchlin (of Crasdant) which I have to finish before I can get back to other things - so it will probably be into February before I have anything ready to assess for playability, put an asking price to and post it up for sale........ bear with me!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

The Seery flute from the original post of this thread is NOW SOLD - or at least, swapped.

The Band Flutes and Piccolos shown on Page 2 of the thread remain available if anyone is interested.

Thanks to all who have bought from me or shown an interest. There will be more to come in due course, but I'll start new threads as and when.

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums