Trying to contact Burke Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mermaid
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Trying to contact Burke Whistles

Post by Mermaid »

Hello,

I am new here and have been a lurker for a while.
I have been trying to contact Burke whistles and I get no response.
I have emailed, sent messages through his site and voice mailed.

Does anyone know him personally? Could he be out of town?

I was anxious to make my order but I am leary if I can't even ask questions.

Love the forum,

Paulette (Mermaid)
Dr Funkenstein

Post by Dr Funkenstein »

Hey very well might be out of town due to the Comhaltas convention in Atlanta that took place last weekend.

--Jeff
Scott McCallister
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Scott McCallister »

Michael is a pretty reliable fellow and the number of people who own a Burke should speak to that.

Be patient! :lol: Even though he's a noted whistlesmith, he's probably not sitting by the phone waiting with baited breath for your order.

Also with the spring, comes tionols and other big celtic fests across the country. He's already going to St Louis and has promised to bring a "ton of whistles". Pretty busy time of year for him I bet.
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

Zoe

Post by Zoe »

He wasn't in Atlanta, which was too bad as quite a few folks from Ireland wanted to try out his whistles in other keys. My high D had quite a bit of spit swapping going on :P

But he will be at the St. Louis tionol this weekend. So be patient and I'm sure he'll get back to you. He also has a return/exchange policy if you decide you want narrow bore instead of session bore/ brass instead of aluminum, etc.
judith
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by judith »

Here's my experience - when I emailed with some questions about which whistle would suit me best, I got no response. When I went ahead and ordered a whistle, it arrived in about a week. Post-purchase, when I emailed with a question about the whistle, he replied rapidly. My guess - he's not an avid email-er and he's a busy fellow, but he is responsive if there's a problem. Good luck! Judith
Mermaid

Post by Mermaid »

Ok then if that is the case. Does anyone have a Low G and can tell me how long it is and if it comes in 2 pieces?

What would you do if you ordered 2 day shipping. Would it arrive?

I'm going to order 2 different whistles.

Thanks,
Paulette
Duffy

Post by Duffy »

I agree with all the above.

Too bad you're not closer to St Louis this weekend. He usually sets up on several cafeteria tables with at least one of every type and key of whistle he makes displayed. If it isn't on the table, he has it somewhere in the stacks at the back. Shoppers are free to take one to the side and really take time to try it out. He will also take time to look over your Burke whistle and correct anything you aren't 100% happy with. At the rate he's increasing his display, he'll be hiring a couple of people to unload the van. :D I believe he also make it to Dublin, Ohio every year.

I hope I'm never asked to choose between my Burke and my wife!
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Paulette,

The Burke Aluminum low G has a sounding length of a little over 16 inches (plug to end). It is about 17.5 inches overall. It does come in two pieces. Once you get one do not lend it to any gorillas or it may be returned in three pieces. Why would I know that - hmmm?

As for the two day shipping, I can't answer that. It probably depends on what day of the week and what time the order comes in and if the post office is working once the order is processed. I have received orders in a couple days but it usually takes less than five days with normal shipping.

These are good whistles IMHO. Tells us how you like them.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Michael Burke

Post by Michael Burke »

Hi Everyone,
I am alive and busy getting orders out and getting ready for St. Louis. I had not gotten to this ladies email that came in yesteday at 10AM, until a few minutes ago, but hope I answered everthing ok now.
I do try to answer all emails, but sometimes it takes a day to get to them, when I am snowed like I am now.
Hope to see you all in St. Louis. I have megatons of them to show there and one is being raffled for $5 per chance along with an awesome roll case made by Sassafras. Man is that thing beautiful. Must buy some tickets myself and hope I don't win the whistle. :)
Oh, yes and thanks to Feadoggie for the technical help. You are very good and accurate in your measurements. I am extending the heads on the newest ones now and that means an additional 1/4 inch or so in total length. Maybe I need you for a technical assistant to answer for me all the time. I have the nicest and smartest customers :) .
Thanks to everyone for your support and most of all for your patience.
All the best
Mike
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Michael Burke wrote:Hi Everyone,
I am alive and busy getting orders out and getting ready for St. Louis. I had not gotten to this ladies email that came in yesteday at 10AM, until a few minutes ago, but hope I answered everthing ok now.
I do try to answer all emails, but sometimes it takes a day to get to them, when I am snowed like I am now.
Hope to see you all in St. Louis. I have megatons of them to show there and one is being raffled for $5 per chance along with an awesome roll case made by Sassafras. Man is that thing beautiful. Must buy some tickets myself and hope I don't win the whistle. :)
Oh, yes and thanks to Feadoggie for the technical help. You are very good and accurate in your measurements. I am extending the heads on the newest ones now and that means an additional 1/4 inch or so in total length. Maybe I need you for a technical assistant to answer for me all the time. I have the nicest and smartest customers :) .
Thanks to everyone for your support and most of all for your patience.
All the best
Mike
Now there is immediate evidence of how great a guy to deal with Michael Burke is!

I sing the praises of my Burke loudly and long... as it earns it! My daughter's hoping for a raffle win on the whistle. She's wanted one for the last couple of years, but every time she gets her money saved something comes up that eats it.

Thanks for your kind words about that case, Mike.... Just don't get any drool on it, OK? :lol:

So, do we break into a rousing version of "We belong to a mutual... admiration society"? :wink:

See you in St. Louis!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Burke, Susato and Big Whistle orders arrive here in Greece at the speed of light! (A week or less)
Mermaid

Post by Mermaid »

Mike Burke is a great guy and gentleman. He was very kind in answering all my questions in more than one email. I have placed my order!
Who-hoo! Can't wait until they get here.

Thanks everyone for your help including Mr. Burke.

Paulette :D
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Mermaid wrote:Mike Burke is a great guy and gentleman. He was very kind in answering all my questions in more than one email. I have placed my order!
Who-hoo! Can't wait until they get here.

Thanks everyone for your help including Mr. Burke.

Paulette :D
What did you order?
Mermaid

Post by Mermaid »

I had saved up my money to buy a Narrow Bore Brass D and a Aluminum Low G. I want a Bb but that will have to be later.

I'm marking the time.

Mermaid