Whistle Purchase

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mori

Whistle Purchase

Post by Mori »

I know this has been discussed already in some capacity, and have read through those threads, but I was wondering if anyone could maybe just send me a PM with an update on The Whistle Shop because I thought I remembered that some people here contact Mr Larson regularly. The reason that I am concerned is that I was going to have the whistles shipped to my school address, but will be having a couple weeks off over the next month or so and might not be here when they get here and am not sure about how that is going to work while campus is closed down pretty much. I know the auto-response emails from him say that everything will be up and running very soon but I kinda need to know in the very near future how soon and if there is a way I should/could change the shipping address. If the mods feel this thread should be deleted, that's fine I am not sure whether or not any further discussion on the topic was frowned upon. Thanks all.
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Post by fearfaoin »

Thom Larson's been having health problems.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=47578

If you're in the US, you can fill out a change of address
form to have your mail forwarded to your new address.
bubbledragon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bubbledragon »

The problem with changes of address is that if you ship via UPS or fedex, the information doesn't get passed on down the line, as it were.

When I was in a college dorm situation, while the school was "closed down," for spring breaks and such, mail was still taken in. In addition, if you are concerned, the place to fill out a forwarding would be with your school - this stuff was normally only done at the end of the school year (at the end of spring semester, or when you were moving out of the dorm for good.)

Of course, your mileage may vary, since I was at a rather big school, but I can't imagine they expect their student population to get mail forwarding or other measures for spring break and such.

I also have an order pending at The Whistle Shop, but since I've got a few other cheapies that came in from Lolly Smith, I'm pretty content. Mostly I just wanted to futz around and see what the difference between all the low end ones is.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
mmccabe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mmccabe »

Hi, usually if I'm not at home when a delivery arrives they take the item back to the nearest depot. Perhaps they will do this and keep trying to deliver until someone is able to sign for it?

Do you know the company who will be delivering your item? Maybe you could contact them, if you have an order number?

I hope you manage to sort the problem out :)
-Maddy
Mori

Post by Mori »

I suppose the mail will still be taken in, I just know that my building itself will have nobody in it so am not sure how that will work over the breaks (we get a amount considerable time off for Easter as well). I knew Mr Larson was having health problems and I wish him the best, was just wondering if anyone had an update on that. Thanks for your replies.

Cheers
Mori