Hoover fipple & Irvine cocobolo tone tube

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tommy
antispam: No

Hoover fipple & Irvine cocobolo tone tube

Post by Tommy »

Made an Irvine D tone tube from cocobola, and a ferrule for the tuning slide end.
The bell note end is flared slighty to provide strength and give it a renaissance appearance. I have found that each wood has a unique appeal. Cocobolo has oils in the wood that provide a natural shine.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

That looks nice, Tommy! 8)

..... are you just showing the lovely whistle off, or are you planning to sell it?

Judy
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

What a lovely marriage!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Looks great, Tommy!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
King Friday

Post by King Friday »

Wow, I want one
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Looks really nice! Good work.

BTW-In case you weren't aware, many tropical woods are HIGHLY allergenic. ALWAYS wear a dust mask when using these woods, wash dust from your skin promptly etc.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Mustn't ..... drool..... on keyboard..........
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

brewerpaul wrote:Looks really nice! Good work.

BTW-In case you weren't aware, many tropical woods are HIGHLY allergenic. ALWAYS wear a dust mask when using these woods, wash dust from your skin promptly etc.
Thank you Paul. I do wear a dust mask, and also have a fan to help keep me in the clear. Other wood turners have also told me that the sharper the tool the less dust made.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

jkrazy52 wrote:That looks nice, Tommy! 8)

..... are you just showing the lovely whistle off, or are you planning to sell it?

Judy
Thank you all for the compliments. Right now it is a hobby trying to see how many different wood tone tubes I can make. Do you think there might be a market for whistles by two makers?
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

But isn't it kind of hard to play with a dust mask on? I mean, you could cut a hole for the whistle to go through, but that would sort of defeat the purpose.

TW
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

WyoBadger wrote:

But isn't it kind of hard to play with a dust mask on? I mean, you could cut a hole for the whistle to go through, but that would sort of defeat the purpose.

TW
The whistle plays just fine through the hole in the dust mask. Remember to exhale through the whistle.
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Tommy wrote:

Judy
Thank you all for the compliments. Right now it is a hobby trying to see how many different wood tone tubes I can make. Do you think there might be a market for whistles by two makers?
Tommy, as gorgeous as that whistle looks, I think you & Mack would make a great combination. (But it's really up to you & Mack.) I'd certainly be interested in trying one when you're ready to turn loose of one of your creations. :)

Judy
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Tommy wrote:

Judy
Actually Mack and Daniel Bingamon already do that, so now it'd be 3 makers working together.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato