Forthcoming CDs

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
radcliff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Forthcoming CDs

Post by radcliff »

I will may cannot buy a R&R with my (really) few money
but I'm really waiting for some Incredible cds ... and I want them original!

1° Matt Molloy ... because a lot of time passed since his last Masterpice!

2° Conal O'Grada ... I know that his second solo cd is quite ready!!!

3° Tom McElvogue ... Tom, I know you are listening.. and you know I'm (we are) waiting!!

I also want to ask you about Sylvain Barou .... anyone know about his SOLO cd?
he sold some flutes for to record it, but no notices recived here!

ps..
another message to send: MARIA (you know I'm talking about you)
when you will decide to record a solo cd??

Frank
maracirac
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by maracirac »

hi frank!
last time when i saw maria, she told me that she intend to record cd with brendan o'hare on another fluteand with her cousin on bouzouki.she expected that that cd will be finish until aprill, if i recall corectlly.for some reason they have some delay but i don't know is it recording in process or they cancel everything.maria?
marin
p.s.frank, i got you your cds, thank you a lot, i forgot to inform you before.my mistake!
kenny

curious

Post by kenny »

Conal O'Grada has a 2nd recording coming out ? I was standing next to Conal one afternoon in Ballyvourney at Hammy's flute meeting and asked him about this. He told me he had no plans for a 2nd recording. Maybe he didn't understand my Scottish accent.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Markus

Post by Markus »

Kenny, I'm afraid it's not your accent. He was telling me the same thing when I asked him about that. "I've not much interest in that kind of thing" is what I think he said.

So I suppose it might not be a good idea to hold our breaths until it's released.
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

I heard voices about this conal's 2°... buy you all are probably correct so we have to convince him just a bit more!

dear marin, I don't know nothing about maria.... but it will be really a CD that I want to buy!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

I've been looking forward to Tom McElvogue's CD as well; meanwhile I've been subsisting on "crumbs" of mp3s he posted on his website (there's a thread on this board about this somewhere from at least a year ago -- maybe search Tom's posts?) ... they're wonderful, and I appreciate his playing more and more.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Sylvester

Re: Forthcoming CDs

Post by Sylvester »

radcliffe wrote: another message to send: MARIA (you know I'm talking about you)
when you will decide to record a solo cd??

Frank
I definitely have to second that proposal.
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

Kevin Crawford said a while back that he's been working on a new solo album in Eb, I'm really looking forward to hearing that one. I thought Molloy recorded a CD with John Carty? I'd love to hear that too.

Right now Tara Bingham/Diamond is the person I'd most like to hear a solo flute CD from; ideally just flute, unaccompanied. The more I listen to her, the more entranced I become; she's a musical genius and has one of the most distinctive styles of any Irish flute player I've heard.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

bradhurley wrote:Kevin Crawford said a while back that he's been working on a new solo album in Eb, I'm really looking forward to hearing that one. I thought Molloy recorded a CD with John Carty? I'd love to hear that too.

Right now Tara Bingham/Diamond is the person I'd most like to hear a solo flute CD from; ideally just flute, unaccompanied. The more I listen to her, the more entranced I become; she's a musical genius and has one of the most distinctive styles of any Irish flute player I've heard.
I thought Kevin was doing one in Bb - that's what the track for WFO2 was about. Tara is supposedly working towards her own CD, although I don't know if she intends to have accompaniment or duet/ensemble track.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

kkrell wrote:I thought Kevin was doing one in Bb - that's what the track for WFO2 was about. Tara is supposedly working towards her own CD, although I don't know if she intends to have accompaniment or duet/ensemble track.
He did indeed record the Bb album but due to a technical problem with the sound files it won't be released, so there's an Eb album coming out instead.
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

bradhurley wrote:
kkrell wrote:I thought Kevin was doing one in Bb - that's what the track for WFO2 was about. Tara is supposedly working towards her own CD, although I don't know if she intends to have accompaniment or duet/ensemble track.
He did indeed record the Bb album but due to a technical problem with the sound files it won't be released, so there's an Eb album coming out instead.
'ThEb Album' :D
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
Harry

OT

Post by Harry »

Brad,

What's up with that chap's face in your avatar? Could never quite work it out.

Regards,

Harry.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

bradhurley wrote:He did indeed record the Bb album but due to a technical problem with the sound files it won't be released, so there's an Eb album coming out instead.
A shame that, but the Eb will be just as welcome.

Kevin Krell

Wow, I just realized that changing my signature in my Profile changes it in previously posted messages.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Even more of a reason to get an Eb Flute!
bradhurley

Re: OT

Post by bradhurley »

Harry wrote:Brad,

What's up with that chap's face in your avatar? Could never quite work it out.
Hi Harry!

That's actually me wearing a big ugly Halloween ghost mask and pretending to play flute. The photo was taken at a tionol in the Catskills a couple of Octobers ago.