Private Message question

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
slowair
antispam: No

Private Message question

Post by slowair »

I've got four messages sitting in my OUTBOX. One has been there since August!!!
What am I doing wrong that these messages never got sent?
Mike
Denny

Post by Denny »

The not glitch answer is: no one read them, which (I think) would have moved it to sent box.

Can you delete them?

Have you tried sending to yourself?
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Denny is right, if the person you sent them to does not open them they will sit in your outbox until you delete them.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
slowair

Post by slowair »

That's very strange.
The people I sent messages to, would have been waiting for them.
Guess I'll have to email them instead.
Very strange.
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

For what it's worth, Mike, I have had similar "issue". On several occations.

Once, it made me miss a great sale on a whistle I REALLY wanted. :swear:

The seller was certainly checking their Inbox for replies to the sales post, so in that case, I MUST reject the "reader didn't read message", hypothesis.

Never have figured out why it happens.

LEE
slowair

Post by slowair »

I have to agreed Lee.
There was a message to Philo in the Outbox since August about buying a whistle from him. I always wondered why he never returned my PM. Figured he wasn't interested. The foolishness of assuming that computers never fail.
I think from now on, I'll always ask for a response via email.
Mike
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

Perhaps the recipients' inboxes were full?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

When my inbox is full it just deletes the oldest message to make room for the newest. I've known other people who have somehow managed to get more than 100% full on their inbox without things getting deleted, so the system is definitely not perfect...
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

avanutria wrote:When my inbox is full it just deletes the oldest message to make room for the newest. I've known other people who have somehow managed to get more than 100% full on their inbox without things getting deleted, so the system is definitely not perfect...
What Beth says. My inbox is perpetually 100% full, so the oldest messages vanish.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Whoa, Mike, I would never ignore a message from you! Did you e-mail me? I know we had some successful back and forth after the Gathering, this was after that? I'll PM you now. (I wonder if my notification didn't work, although I've been receiving PMs from others)

Best,

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.