Verified!!!! Oak = Feadóg

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
pao
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Verified!!!! Oak = Feadóg

Post by pao »

Follow-up to my first investigation http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... ht=#365088

I have verified/confirmed the info about Fead¢g and Oak. Well, it turned out just fine. I have contacted the Fead¢g Company and they've told me that THEY DO punch the holes/make the whistle body of the Oak and Acorn whistles for Music Sales in USA. The mouthpiece The Oak D mouthpiece is the only unique to Oak and some of the Acorns that uses the same mouthpiece (some Acorns before uses the mouthpiece of the Fead¢g Mark I).
But the Oak C uses the mouthpiece of the Mark III Fead¢g C.
So, I am right. Fead¢g and Oak/Acorn is somehow the same - Especially the C!!!
落とされた天使
scarhand
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scarhand »

i got my son (6) a yellow acorn (his favorit color) and i'm teaching him hot cross buns and yankee doodle and easy stuff like that and that whistle and my feadog sounded so similar, even with the yellow. it's good to know i'm not imagining things!
the brave do not live forever,
but the cautious do not live at all.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

I want an Oak whistle.
Reasonable person
Walden
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Shoot Walden - I sold my Oak on a garage sale just a few weeks ago or I'd ship it to you for postage. It was a very good whistle, but I'm not a fan of nickel whistle bodies. I also sold a Feadog on that garage sale, and I had also noticed how those were two of the most in tune cheap whistle I own. I did prefer the Oak head over the feadog, but prefer my O'Briain tweaked Feadog over both (which is what I kept).

Good investigative work!

Eric
monkey587
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by monkey587 »

Walden wrote:I want an Oak whistle.
My Oak C is playable and decent now but it took a LOT of work to get it to that point. the inside of the top of the barrel was ragged like barbed wire and that really messed up the tone. I sanded it with coarse sandpaper for about a half hour to get it to sound good.
William Bajzek