OT New Year's Resolutions

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

MarkB wrote:I resolve that, every day I wake up will be the day I live that day.

MarkB
Me too. Moment by moment, to the best of my
ability, the bravest, best and most difficult way,
I believe.
fancypiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

JessieK wrote:After the baby is born, I will make sure to make time for Dan and me.
:roll: In about 20 years, if you are lucky. I hope you enjoy never getting enough sleep (even after they leave the nest!) because I haven't slept good since my firstborn.

My ex couldn't breast feed him, so I was the formula mixer bottle warmer feeder guy for the nights as I was out of school for the summer.

I resolve that I will quit worrying about them and sleep more.

That will be broken the first road trip/flight/whatever......
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

On the employee bulletin board in the back there is a scrawled note at the top, "If you want to make God laugh make plans." The same can go for resolutions.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
thurlowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by thurlowe »

I finally came up with my resolution for the new year today at the library. I resolve not to rack up fines higher than the $38.25 I just shelled out. I thought I'd turned that DVD back in! Stupid Charlie Chaplin.

Happy 2004, everyone!

Cara
Cori
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cori »

Ouch, Cara - cheaper for you to have kept it and bought them a new copy?!

I've made a fair old list of revolutions and love looking back over last years' to see how I did. And the answer is pretty well this year - other than my goal of never eating the same kind of meal 2 days running ... I am such a lazy-git-cook.

2003 was a complete fiasco as far as my general plans went, so I'm not making any more 'plan'-revolutions ... but I am determined to average an hour a day of whistle practice in '04, come hell or angry neighbours. And I am also decided that since there appear to be sessions near me almost every night of the week, I'm going to get me along to a few, and at some time in the year, play in one.
All we have to decide is what to do with the tune that is given us.
Tweaked from Tolkien
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

emmline wrote:
spittin_in_the_wind wrote: Babies....the most natural form of birth control....

:)

Robin
A visit to Chuck E Cheese on a Saturday: The most effective form of birth control. (An observation made by my then childless bro-in-law, who now, 15 yrs later, is expecting a "surprise" baby--their 3rd.)

When we lived in NC, the youth group at our church used to offer babysitting on Saturday nights (to raise money for group trips and such), as well as childcare during church events. You wanna talk about a great way to nip teen pregnancy in the bud...imagine being 15 years old and in charge of 20 kids under the age of 10!

I'm not making a New Year's resolution this year. I figure I accomplished enough last year by giving up smoking to cover two years worth of resolutions at least! BTW, congratulate me...as of today, I haven't had a cigarrette in six months!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

Congratulations. Come the 8th of January, I will have not used tobacco in 14 years. I made a resolution that year to quit the third week in July, but I got impatient and threw them in the trash on the 8th of January.

Nice tune too, The 8th of January. :D
Last edited by fancypiper on Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Redwolf wrote:BTW, congratulate me...as of today, I haven't had a cigarrette in six months!
congratulations
Reasonable person
Walden