fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

oh that is sad; where to??
feadogin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by feadogin »

She's off to Seattle, so at least we'll still see her at the tionol. She'll be hanging around with the likes of Creegan and Margason now, poor girl... :P

J.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

That's good that she'll be ensconced in Seattle in time for the next tionol. Hanging around with those two will be a life altering experience.

I'll write if I'm up in the Santa Clara area around the first part of june
Harpgal
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Harpgal »

FYI, Seattle is forming a Comhaltas chapter..and Dusty Strings is up there too. :D
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Did you Santa Cruz area folks get the email that Malcolm is starting up a moderate session at his house in Boulder Creek? I don't want to post the info here without his permission, since the address is a private home, but I can forward the email.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

Sounds like fun, but I'll be in San Jose all summer working to pay my dad back for loaning me my full set money. I wonder if I should rename this thread San Jose/Santa Cruz? I know of several sessions in the San Jose area. A fast one at O'Flaherty's Pub downtown, but I'd have to sneak into that one as it's really a bar. I'll keep trying to get a faster session, hopefully at an Irish pub and not an "Irish" pub, going around here hopefully by next fall. Perhaps we should just plop down at a pub and start playing?
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

MikeyLikesIt wrote:Sounds like fun, but I'll be in San Jose all summer working to pay my dad back for loaning me my full set money. I wonder if I should rename this thread San Jose/Santa Cruz? I know of several sessions in the San Jose area. A fast one at O'Flaherty's Pub downtown, but I'd have to sneak into that one as it's really a bar. I'll keep trying to get a faster session, hopefully at an Irish pub and not an "Irish" pub, going around here hopefully by next fall. Perhaps we should just plop down at a pub and start playing?
You're getting a full set? Cool!

I would think that San Jose, as well as Monterey, could fall into this category. I should look up when that session meets at Duffy's in Monterey.

I'll tell the Britannia Arms folks you're heading home for the summer. They've asked about you.

Redwolf
Bob Denton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

New in Santa Cruz

Post by Bob Denton »

Just move here from Ft. Lauderdale where I played in a number of trad groups. Lived an played with a touring group in Ireland in the 70s. Played 3-4 nights a week in Saoirse, which had Paraic Keane (Sean Keane's son on fiddle)

Play guitar, mandolin, tenor, whistles, octave, etc.

Where's the sessions? Any decent groups looking for a musician?

Also played Roland Synth mandolin in a Celtic rock band.

Thanks

Bob Denton
bob@sinkthestink.com
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

Hi Bob, good to know there's another musicain in these parts. Bill Coulter , a great guitarist is trying to start up a session at The Attic, a place downtown. It'll probably be mid to late summer, he told me, before it really gets swinging. I'll keep everyone posted as news gets to me.
Bob Denton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bob Denton »

Any other sessions worth checking out? I am staying in Boulder Creek and work in Felton.

Cya!
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Bob Denton wrote:Any other sessions worth checking out? I am staying in Boulder Creek and work in Felton.

Cya!
You're in my neck of the woods! I live in Mount Hermon.

Well, the session at the Britannia Arms in Aptos is a moderate-speed session, but the slow-play folks are pretty much the ones who go. Still, it's a fun crowd...really nice people. And, as I said, there's a fellow trying to get a bit of a faster session going at his home in Boulder Creek. I don't want to post his contact info on a public forum without his permission, but I can give you what I have if you want to pm me.

Redwolf
Last edited by Redwolf on Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lsanger

Another musician

Post by lsanger »

Hi there, I was very happy to find this discussion. I'm about to move to somewhere near Santa Cruz and have been looking for info about musical goings-on in the area. I'm a fiddler and I'll be moving from Columbus, Ohio. I'm responsible for the "Donegal Fiddle Pages": http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6464/hmpg.html

Looking forward to the chunes! --Larry Sanger
Redwolf

Re: Another musician

Post by Redwolf »

lsanger wrote:Hi there, I was very happy to find this discussion. I'm about to move to somewhere near Santa Cruz and have been looking for info about musical goings-on in the area. I'm a fiddler and I'll be moving from Columbus, Ohio. I'm responsible for the "Donegal Fiddle Pages": http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6464/hmpg.html

Looking forward to the chunes! --Larry Sanger
Welcome! When are you moving? There's a session this weekend (Sunday from 7-?) at the Britannia Arms in Aptos. First half hour is "slow" and the rest is as slow or fast as the person who starts the tune wants to make it.

Redwolf