Joanie Madden on the Web this evening

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
ctladies
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music and I love to play the whistle! I met Dale and now he is the main man of whistlers. I can't wait to get back on the road again as this coronavirus is the worst!

Joanie Madden on the Web this evening

Post by ctladies »

Hi fellow whistlers...
Just want everyone to know that a concert that I performed with my band Cherish the Ladies in Ireland at the Hawks Well Theater in County Sligo will air this evening at 5:00 PM EST at http://www.livetrad.com .

Cherish the Ladies consists of myself on whistle and flute, Mirella Murray on accordion, Mary Coogan on guitar, Grainne Murphy on fiddle, joined by Don Stiffe on lead vocals and guitar, John Joe Kelly on bodhran and Declan McHale stepdance.

Hope you can tune in and hope everyone is well and playing!!

All the best,
Joanie
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Re: Joanie Madden on the Web this evening

Post by plunk111 »

I went on the site, but it isn't live - not sure what's going on. It's the same performance that has been up there for a few days.
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

I managed to be in the right place at the right time and watched it live.

Nice! :)
cunparis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by cunparis »

I missed it and I can't find it on the site. It's not on the videos page. Did I miss it? Or maybe they haven't added it to the videos page? I'd love to see it.
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

I've tried twice now - there was supposed to be a "live session" this time. I click on the "live feed" link and it takes me to the pre-recorded video. The video is nice, sure, but it's not what I was looking for. Yes, I was there at the correct time - BOTH times!

Pat
cunparis

Post by cunparis »

plunk111 wrote:I've tried twice now - there was supposed to be a "live session" this time. I click on the "live feed" link and it takes me to the pre-recorded video. The video is nice, sure, but it's not what I was looking for. Yes, I was there at the correct time - BOTH times!

Pat
This is strange because I click on the live link and I get a video of a Inishbofin set dancing & trade weekend. I can't find cherish the ladies anywhere on the site.
plunk111

Post by plunk111 »

cunparis wrote:
plunk111 wrote:I've tried twice now - there was supposed to be a "live session" this time. I click on the "live feed" link and it takes me to the pre-recorded video. The video is nice, sure, but it's not what I was looking for. Yes, I was there at the correct time - BOTH times!

Pat
This is strange because I click on the live link and I get a video of a Inishbofin set dancing & trade weekend. I can't find cherish the ladies anywhere on the site.
The second time was not for Cherish - it was a live session.
cunparis

Post by cunparis »

The videos are now available on the site. It's not the entire concert but rather some excerpts. I watched them tonight and they're great. Love that bodhran. It was also interesting to watch the piano player as that helped me realize how the boom-chick pattern works. Overall a great concert!
Mike LiveTrad

Post by Mike LiveTrad »

Hi All,

I only just spotted this thread. If a webcast is live, then once it's over, we embed some of the content on the LiveTrad.com website a couple of days later (it's encoded to HD, which takes a bit of time).

If, like the Cherish the Ladies gig, it's prerecorded, then the webcast will remain playing on a loop on the website for a few days, before being taken down, and the clips are stored again on the LiveTrad Videos page.

You can also view the clips on www.YouTube.com/livetrad, where we've got lots of other additional material. This also allows you share and embed options.