Sounds nice.

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
BoneQuint
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sounds nice.

Post by BoneQuint »

I don't know these folks, but they sound pretty good. The "Bird in the Bush" track is pretty amusing.

http://www.myspace.com/amidonaldersonmurphy
chris_coreline
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Sounds nice.

Post by chris_coreline »

'harlem style' of lilting :D :thumbsup:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Bird in the Bush = hilarious. You have to be really good to be that really bad. :lol:

First time I encountered Isaac Alderson was at a session here years back. This young stranger was playing his newly-acquired flute, and we loved what we heard to bits. To top it off, turns out he found his flute, a fully six-keyed Olwell, in a second-hand shop for - get this - $800.

I know.

He's returned since to be the guest artist/instructor at one of our past uilleann pipers' tionóil. This guy is a musician in the true sense of the word, and can pull variations out of his you-know-what like there's no tomorrow. And, he's a really nice, pleasant, humble, and very funny guy.

BTW, what Isaac's bio on the above site doesn't tell you about this three-time All-Ireland champion, is that he won those three titles in senior division all at the same Fleadh Cheoil (2002) for whistle, flute, and pipes. No Yank had ever done that before, and a hat trick's rare enough as it is.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Gabriel
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Gabriel »

I just spilled my coffee all over the desk! :D