COMHALTAS PLYMOUTH DEVON

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Amac
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

COMHALTAS PLYMOUTH DEVON

Post by Amac »

HI GUYS,
A group of friends & i are looking to start a COMHALTAS in plymouth devon.
as most of you will be aware comhaltas is an otganisation ( similar to youth club ) which exists to promote irish traditional music in all its forms be it through the playing of instruments, dancing, promotion of irish language & to create a closer bond among all lovers of irish music.
You can visit comhaltas on the web, just type www.comhaltas it should come up.
having been involved & worked with youth groups for 20 years, i have learned that sitting on things doesnt make it happen, so:-

1 - any players of instruments in the devon area who would like to give some of there time on a consistent basis to teaching, please let me know.

2 - anyone in the devon area who would like to join then please drop me a line.

3 - if you are atall like me you may have a few musical items lying around that you dont use, wether it be a penny whistle or a fiddle etc etc.
well if you are feeling generous, we would like to build a pool of instruments that people can use especially the kids, any donated instruments will become the property of comhaltas as an organisation.

if anyone has any questions or would like more info then please drop me a line either by PM or an email at albertmac@blueyonder.co.uk

thanks albert :party:
eddie_climo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Comhaltas in Plymouth

Post by eddie_climo »

And then there were pipers 3...

It would be good to get some sessions going in the Plymouth area (that's the Devon original, not the New England derivative!). Do you play Irish or Scots music? Get in touch, and let's see what happens.
Eddie Climo
eddie_climo@yahoo.co.uk

Darna bhean a' phìobair — a' phìob fhèin.
The piper's second wife — the pipes themselves.
(Gaelic proverb, originally about the harp).
SteveShaw
antispam: No
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

A bloke in Ireland tried to get me to enter the Fleadh competitions this year and I was bemoaning the fact that there was no Comhaltas branch within hundreds of miles of me so that I could go through all the necessary stages. I live near Bude, which is about an hour and a bit's drive from Plymouth, so I'd be interested to hear of developments though you're a bit too far away from me for me to get heavily involved. Best of British!

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!