New CD : 'They'll be good yet'

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Sunnybear

Post by Sunnybear »

I've been waiting for this...thanks for the update
Big Time
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Big Time »

hiya peter,

i was down in martin's studio lastnight doing a track on my brother michael's CD and saw boxloads of yours sitting there. i'm sure it'll be a great job, congratulations and good luck with it.
Big Time
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Yippeee!

Thanks, and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :party: We'll see the pair of you on tg4 next year?
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Cathy Wilde wrote: We'll see the pair of you on tg4 next year?
...as prizewinners of the "best newcomers" category, perhaps :D ?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

This is very exciting news. Thanks, Peter.
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
Cathy Wilde wrote: We'll see the pair of you on tg4 next year?
...as prizewinners of the "best newcomers" category, perhaps :D ?
Preeee-cisely! :-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Peter: I was just wondering if there was any update on when the website would be running? You mentioned that the website would be the preferred website to purchase the CD, and I am interested in obtaining a copy that way.

Thanks,

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

It was to go up before christmas BUT things never go the way you expect them.

(edit to update:)

Website is testing, a few odds and ends to be finalised but will be up in a matter of days.

Meanwhile OssianUSA has the CD on their website, Custy's has a supply and Claddagh will have them when they open for business on jan 3d

Last edited by Cayden on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Peter Laban wrote:It was to go up before christmas BUT things never go the way you expect them. I left a CD with the designer before christmas to pull the soundclips and I was trying to phone her just now but didn't get through. As soon as possible I would say, whatever that means.
Thanks for the update. I, for one, will be waiting to hear.
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Website is testing at the moment, few more days.

Official launch of the CD:

Saturday 7th january, Crosses of Annagh

Loads and loads of musicians expected, come if you can and help make it a great night.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Live, with information and soundsamples, open for business:

www.theyllbegoodyet.com
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

What a lovely website, very well designed, attractive and very sincere. Love the bio's of you both, Tom Munnelly's introduction is fantastic and the sound clips and the stories that go with each are more than appreciated, it is nice to know where a tune was learned.

I will be ordering from the States. I have past the good news on to Frank Edgley and other concertina players here in Windsor.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Thanks for you kind words, the webdesigner is a local woman who tries to catch the atmosphere of a project and the personality of the people who's website she's working on. She also designed Brid O Donohue's website and has used elements that I liked on that.

We were nervous enough doing the whole thing, the whole organisation fell to meand I am not an organiser by nature. Everybody whom we worked with was great: Martin O Malley for the recording side of things, Edel Butler who designed the cover and Mary Lynch doing the website, they were all lovely people who took the time to catch the right touch for what we were doing. Even the printers, the distributors (it turned out I taught the guy in Claddagh wholesale during the 1989 Willie Clancy week when he was a very young piper) were great to deal with. There were also the friends who supported us in a great way, taking away doubts when they arose.
Above all it means an awful lot to us Tom Munnelly agreed to introduce us at the time he did, and then commenced to say things we doubt we'll ever live up to.

It's great it has come so far and we're looking forward to the launch on Saturday where all friends and musicians will turn up hopefully for a great night.
Last edited by Cayden on Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:party: :party: I just ordered my copy yesterday through the website. Took about 30 seconds. I know from the sound clips that I'm going to love it. The website is really attractive and easy to navigate. I especially appreciate the well-written information about the people and the tunes. I know it is a lot of work but this is something that is missing from a lot of CD's and it is very frustrating.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I've listened to the CD perhaps 5-6 times through and love it more each time...hearing things now that I didn't hear the first couple of times. It has a wonderful "real" feel to it. Peter and Kitty play together as if they've been...well...playing together for years! ;) It probably won't get taken out of my CD player (except to move it from car to home, home to car) for a long, long time.

Susan