Crawford, Hayes and Doyle

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Kevflute

Crawford, Hayes and Doyle

Post by Kevflute »

Happy New Year fellow Chiff and Fipplers, here's a link to a short TV clip of a new trio called "The Teetotalers" featuring Myself, Martin Hayes and John Doyle. We'll be doing some gigs in the U.S. In May and I'll post details at a later date. Really looking forward to hitting the road with these guys so hopefully catch you somewhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzN7T33-6d4
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Crawford, Hayes and Doyle

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Lovely, Kevin! Glad to hear this. And you guys sound terrific!! Give us a shout if you're down South at all and we'll help any way we can.

If nothing else I'll lay in few cases of Diet Coke and we'll stay up all night. :party:
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

Nice, Kev! I like the sound, the blend, and the ambiance - looks like a "real" session. Hope to see you guys in Pittsburgh. Is this in addition to your Lunasa commitments or?

Pat
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
Kevflute

Post by Kevflute »

Hi Cathy and Pat,
Glad you both enjoyed the tunes.

Will keep both of you posted if and when we're in your neighbourhoods and ye can treat us to a nice pot of "tea".

This is a sideline project for all three of us, we're all still doing our main gigs with Lunasa, Denis and Liz etc.
Should keep us busy though as we're getting a real kick out of it and we plant record in May too.

Cheers,

Kev
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Kevflute wrote:and we plant record in May too.
Yay! And good luck with the tune farming. ;-) BTW, thanks for the reminder about the East Clare Reel and Sporting Nell. Found myself picking up the whistle and noodling them out last night for the first time in far, far too long. You gave us those back at Augusta a few years ago and the two are just great together. Thanks again!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
maze
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by maze »

Kevin, Martin, and John,

If you head into the Sunshine state - let me know and I will help with a gig here in Gainesville if you would like... Can even put a couple of you up, and as a teetotaler I am completely loaded with teas of the world! Ask Cillian about the accommodations - think they were okay for him recently.

best,

maze
Maze
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

IIRC, Mr. Maze also has an espresso machine in his pipe case. ;-) You gotta love a guy like that.
jadphoto
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by jadphoto »

Wow...three of my favorite musician in one group.

Please say you're coming to California! I caught Martin at Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo a few years ago. Marvelous craic. Is there a schedule posted somewhere?

Is there a CD in the works? :poke: That would be ever so kewl.

Good luck with the tour.

JD
Hotblack

Post by Hotblack »

jadphoto wrote:Is there a schedule posted somewhere?JD
Google is your friend

Fb for the Teetotallers with a link to this page
Cheers

David

I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.
jadphoto
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by jadphoto »

Thanks for the link.

Strangely enough, I googled "Teetotalers" and only came up with a uninspired Scottish band. Definitely not our lads! :lol:

Sometimes google is very unfriendly to me. :boggle:

JD