FS: Uilleann Pipes clearout

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
jon1908
antispam: No

FS: Uilleann Pipes clearout

Post by jon1908 »

It's time to thin out my cupboard so I'm offering the following for sale here first before going to ebay (also listed in Used Instruments Exchange):

Martin Preshaw student chanter in D - Ebony & stained boxwood(I think) mounts, Stainless windcap & ferrule. No Keys but blocks are there if you want them fitted. Reeded, plays well.

Peter Hunter wide bore chanter in D - African Blackwood with vintage ivory mounts & 4 keys in brass. Good loud session chanter! Pictures can be seen on the hunterpipes website. Due to the ivory mounts this is a UK only sale. Comes with an Alan Burton reed and I think I've got a couple of spare staples.

Full set in B. Made by Mick Wilkins in 1982. Ebony and Brass with Imitation Ivory mounts. Hollow stock. This was discussed on here a few years ago. It's a copy of a Harrington set which was subsequently stolen soon after being measured. Chanter is unkeyed. The chanter's a copy of a Coyne. This needs a bit of TLC to bring it back to life. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do this and I'd rather it goes to someone who does. It does play and has a nice balanced tone. Would probably benefit from re-reeding. I've fitted a new L&M bag and currently use it with a Ginsberg B chanter in rosewood. No Bellows.

Full Set in D by Alan Ginsberg. Ebony & Brass with Imitation Ivory Mounts. Chanter has 3 keys (Cnat, Gsharp & F nat). Reeded by Allan Moller about 10 yrs ago and still going like a train! Comes with original bellows. I've owned this from new.

Half set in B by Davy Stephenson. Boxwood, Nickel Silver, Silver & Walrus Ivory. Unkeyed chanter. Reeded by Allan Moller. Plays well, but is happier just south of B. No bellows with this set. New L&M bag fitted.

For further details, pictures and discussion around prices please PM me!

Jon

Edited to correct spelling and add half set
Galdrim
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Interested in piping, playing uilleann pipes and some other instruments as hurdy gurdy, cello, and german bagpipes

Re: FS: Uilleann Pipes clearout

Post by Galdrim »

PM sent.
morten
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by morten »

PM sent :)
ennischanter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Post by ennischanter »

morten wrote:PM sent :)

There ya go! Finally a set in B for you! :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of the flame.
morten

Post by morten »

Hopefully :P
jon1908

Post by jon1908 »

The Hunter chanter is sold.

For those of you who PM'd me wanting pictures of the other stuff, you should be able to see them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwturton/

Jon

edited to add link to photos (hopefully!)
morten

Post by morten »

I'll take the full set in B for the price you mentioned. I might collect in person, if possible.
jon1908

Post by jon1908 »

The Wilkins set is sold.