Manchester piping day

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ambaiste

Manchester piping day

Post by ambaiste »

Had a great day at the Manchester piping day on Saturday.
Sean Jones’ pyrotechnics, tube with holes in, gas fed in at one end, speaker at the other end,
Light the gas, tune the speaker and see standing waves. Didn’t set fire to the place.
Following this a good discussion about acoustics.
Lessons went well. The best piping was the icing on the birthday cake that Jayne presented me with in the middle of proceedings (a birthday with a big 0 at the end) The piping of the reeds was excellent.
Great concert afterwards which seemed to involve quite a large number of the Irish community in Manchester.
A brilliantly organised day and evening.
Well done
james horan
antispam: No

Re: Manchester piping day

Post by james horan »

Yes Brian and thanks for your contributions to making it a great day. The reed you made for me on the day is a good one so thanks for that too.
Hope that you can post a picture of that cake, unless you've already eaten it.

See you at the next meeting.
buskerSean
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

Sounds like a great do as always. I must make one of these at some point. Hope you can make it down to our London pipers night in Jan, Brian.
Sam L

Post by Sam L »

A big thanks to all involved in organising a really good day. Nice to meet you Brian.

Sam
" . . . when it's finished you look at it and you think that perhaps it will live longer than you, and perhaps it will be of use to someone you don't know, who doesn't know you. Maybe as an old man you'll be able to . . look at it, and it will seem beautiful . . "

Primo Levi - The Wrench