Aftercare

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
TWJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Aftercare

Post by TWJ »

Just thought I'd 'flag this up'. Been looking for a new reed for D chanter over the past 12 months or so and after some letdowns - (one arrived split with no subsequent reply to an email enquiry) - I got in touch with Brian Howard (Sheffield). His reed was posted out straight away and after some initial 'settling in' worked really well. A few days later Brian was over in my area at a pipers meet and although I was not there personally, he 'fiddled' with the reed, supplied a new bottom ferrule (with reduced bore size) for the chanter I'd left for him, got the Hard D banging out and the Back D nice and stable. Great work, great aftercare - thanks Brian. That's how it should be done!
ambaiste

Re: Aftercare

Post by ambaiste »

Thanks for that. I do let him out to play occassionally, the next time with be the Manchester pipers club Tionol on December 7th
glands
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glands »

What does after care mean to you guys?

As a physician, to me, it means caring for and taking care of my patients after their initial visits, between visits, adjusting meds, by e-mail, e-chart, telephone, and conversations with their families, doctors, etc. Much of this after care is a gift of time....unbilled....yet essential as it saves time, mony, builds and maintains relationships, etc. Your doc might be doing this for anywhere from 2000-6000 patients. So, when in receipt of after care please show your gratitude. And, if you are in a position to deliver after care.....do it....it makes the wheels of the world go round.
andyp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by andyp »

You're from the US, I'd guess.