Pictures of Your Pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Very nice. :o

Is it spoken for? :-?
PJ
CJ DIXON
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by CJ DIXON »

Joseph wrote:
Nice looking work there Chris
Thank you Joseph :)
PJ wrote:
Very nice. Is it spoken for?
Cheers as well Patrick... it is taken I'm afraid.

Cheers,
CJ
CJ Dixon Celtic Instruments
www.cjdixon.com
texasbagpiper

Post by texasbagpiper »

Nice work CJ, I like the bag :adminok: ... Do you make your own bags???
CJ DIXON

Post by CJ DIXON »

Texas wrote:
Nice work CJ, I like the bag ... Do you make your own bags???
Hello Seth,
The bag is a Mac Harg bag. I turn and install the stocks/tenon, the same as BC Childress. I do plan on making bags down the road, but for now would rather concentrate on the more major components.

Cheers,
CJ
CJ Dixon Celtic Instruments
www.cjdixon.com
Rick

Post by Rick »

Wasn't this thread meant for players to show (off) their nice sets of pipes and not for makers to show off their merchandise?

I have seen quite some pipemakers showing of their work here..
This thread is already a mess without pipemakers posting pics of every other thing they turned out.
If it were their set, the one they play on, fair enough.., but.., i doubt they are..

Maybe put up a thread, "pipemakers work in progress" or something..

"Look, i turned another chanter, hot from the lathe.., not polished or anything.."
No offense but that does not qualify for this thread and is unfair advertising imho.
Reepicheep

Post by Reepicheep »

Wasn't this thread meant for players to show (off) their nice sets of pipes and not for makers to show off their merchandise?

This thread is already a mess without pipemakers posting pics of every other thing they turned out.
If it were their set, the one they play on, fair enough.., but.., i doubt they are..

"Look, i turned another chanter, hot from the lathe.., not polished or anything.."
No offense but that does not qualify for this thread and is unfair advertising imho.
:boggle:
"... when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world in some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise..."
mukade

Post by mukade »

Rick wrote:Wasn't this thread meant for players to show (off) their nice sets of pipes and not for makers to show off their merchandise?

I have no problem with pipe-makers posting their work on this thread. Most of the makers who post pictures here are also regular contributors to the forum, and the more makers we have here, the better. I also think one large picture thread is enough, whether the pipes are being played or under construction.

I don't see anyone selling directly, and if this board helps makers get a few sales indirectly, then that is not a bad thing.

We should be supporting new makers, not bashing them.

Mukade
phcook

Post by phcook »

Makers, ok, but for very special work: design, material, improvements, etc. and not commercial production.

Best
Breizh soner
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

There is a difference between "... look what I have been working on." and "... wanna buy it?" I have no problem with makers showing the fruits of their labor on this forum. And if they have something to sell, and want to post it, they can do so ONCE a month as per the guidelines set down in the 'Announcements' section at the top of the forum index page.

This argument has been made before, within the very pages of this thread, and I thought it settled back then. :roll:
Thorpe

Post by Thorpe »

Well said rick!!!!
"The music business is a shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There is also a negative side."
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

To refresh my memory, I have reread the 'commercial posts' policy. Here it is in black and white... and it does differ from what I have stated above. Read this and please adhere to it.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=10315

The name of this thread is "Pictures Of Your Pipes", and I think that allows for makers showing 'their' pipes... without a price tag, or language suggesting solicitation.
kb

Post by kb »

I, personally, have no problem with pipemakers showing their wares here.

Let's face it, folks, this is a cottage industry. The boundary between pipemaker and piper is a little less distinct than, say, Budweiser and Budweiser drinker!

I, too play pipes (poorly) and make pipes (poorly). So, do I post pictures here?

--kb
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

mukade wrote:We should be supporting new makers, not bashing them.
Well said.
kb wrote:I, too play pipes (poorly) and make pipes (poorly). So, do I post pictures here?
Looking forward to seeing you pipes, kb.
PJ
ausdag

Post by ausdag »

Keep 'em coming, makers. The thread title is 'Pictures of your pipes' it doesn't say 'Pictures of the pipes you bought/were given/have on permanent loan, but not that you made'. Not that I look at this thread that much - I'd rather hear people playing their pipes, not look at how shiny their sets are (as with brass players - one mark of a good player is how shabby his instrument looks :D )

Cheers,

DavidG
David (ausdag) Goldsworthy
http://ozuilleann.weebly.com/
texasbagpiper

Post by texasbagpiper »

If you don't want to see pipes being posted on this Subject, just click on another subject, no harm in that.... :cry: