Testing the Waters

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
JamieKerr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Testing the Waters

Post by JamieKerr »

Hi all,

There is a slight possibility that I may offer for sale my Neil O'Grady full set, possibly to finance a new half set. The set was purchased as a half set in 2001 and later upgraded to a full set. It is in perfect playing condition and I have extra chanter, drone and regulator reeds.

I was wondering if the set would be of interest to anyone. If so, please PM me to discuss pricing, etc.

Thanks
JamieKerr

Re: Testing the Waters

Post by JamieKerr »

:poke:

Hello,

I'm bumping this message back to the top of the list to see if anyone here might be interested in purchasing a Neil O'Grady full-set.

The set is in fantastic condition and plays without any problem.

If you are interested, please PM me with any questions you might have. I have not made a decision on pricing, so please feel free to make any reasonable offers.

Thanks!

Jamie
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Is this now an "official" for sale post?
JamieKerr

Post by JamieKerr »

You know... Every time I consider selling my set I get cold feet. Usually, I'll end up going home, strapping it on and playing it, which usually results in me thinking "how could I ever consider selling this?!?!" and "Now I remember why I bought these things in the first place!"

Asking me to make it "official" is a big step!

Let's say it is 'semi-official-still-testing-the-waters'. But if you prefer it posted somewhere else, that is no problem either.

Thanks!

Jamie
caedmon

Post by caedmon »

Would you accept a 19-month old child in exchange? He is cute as a button. He doesn't talk, yet, which is a form of blessing since the almost-4-yr old never shuts up. He has all his shots.

:D

I don't want to know how much this set is worth. It will make me cringe.
Chad Wilson

Some whistles, an old fiddle, an old banjo, a bass, a guitar and a bodhran
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Jamie,

Firstly, don't quit piping. You'll regret it.

However, if you want to sell this set, consider selling the regulators separately. Buying a full set might be too big a jump for some pipers, but offering the half set and the regulators separately might help you find 2 interested buyers.

Finally, don't quit piping. You'll regret it. :wink:
PJ
JamieKerr

Post by JamieKerr »

caedmon wrote:Would you accept a 19-month old child in exchange? He is cute as a button. He doesn't talk, yet, which is a form of blessing since the almost-4-yr old never shuts up. He has all his shots.

:D

I don't want to know how much this set is worth. It will make me cringe.
I've got two of my own that I would add to the pipes, no extra charge: 15-year old boy / GHB piper and 10-year old girl / highland dancer... an instant Celtic Festival for the high bidder!
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

There is not enough money in the world (or stuff) that could purchase my two children. But I might consider offers for my wife though, I will even through in a tin whistle (just kidding about the wife thing).

caedmon
Kidding aside, does your 19 month old babble or speak some words? My son has Asperger’s (was diagnosed with autism) and did not speak (well only a few words) until he was around three years old. The doctor, who was so concerned with my daughter’s speech when she was a baby, kept saying in regards to my son, that since he is a boy it was not important boys take longer. That doctor was such an idiot. Luckily my son is doing great now (he is nine) but it took so much work.

I hope I am over reacting on this, I am just a concerned parent.
caedmon

Post by caedmon »

We are already addressing testing of the youngest to see if there is a deeper cause, or if he simply doesn't want to speak.
Chad Wilson

Some whistles, an old fiddle, an old banjo, a bass, a guitar and a bodhran
mayo_piper

Post by mayo_piper »

Since this is a "unofficial" offer - can I get the pipes with "unofficial" money ???
"A man's only as old as the woman he feels..."

~Groucho Marx