T.Aebi chanters

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Ugi
antispam: No

Re: T.Aebi chanters

Post by Ugi »

I just had a double lesson of piping with Tom Aebi and I can tell you that he's a totally likable and friendly guy. And he knows more about the pipes and their characteristics and the famous piper's style of playing than I have ever expected.

He told me the most important things about the piping and advised me to play from now on with the Rowesome-Style fingering. Two fingers per notes. Makes totally sense to me.

Now I know why its so incredibly important to have a meeting with an experianced player at the beginning of one's piping career.

:thumbsup:

PS. He's own made Set was simply amazing! I hope I can get a chanter of that man.
Douglas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Douglas »

I had contacted Tom a while ago concerning his chanters and he said that there would be new information regarding chanter this spring, which is just around the corner now. He does seem very nice from my limited contact.

He said that he wanted to reduce the amount of projects he had, and come up with a new price list.

He also said that he had a new design for his chanters. Here is a quote from what he sent me. I hope he does not mind my placing this information here.

“Now I am playing a new design which I am very proud of. Kind of a Rowsome large hole idea but with a more Kennedy like bore for better tuning and brightness.”
Ugi

Post by Ugi »

Thank you Douglas for your infos.

Actually the chanter he played today on his set will be the chanter that he's going to make and sell.

And I can say (altough as a beginner...) that the chanter looks great, sounds marvellous and is as fine in tune as possible (I saw it on a tuner).

Its by the way a quite loud chanter.

I'm waiting for further infos of Tom :)
uilleannfinlander

Post by uilleannfinlander »

Got sometime ago some soundsample about his new modell...sounded really good.
Brazenkane

Post by Brazenkane »

i just tried to contact tom. and got the email bounced. what is his current contact info?
Give a man a wooden reed and he'll play in the driest of weather,
Teach a man to make a wooden reed,
and the both of ye will go insane!
Ugi

Post by Ugi »

info (at) aebi-flutes. com