Who is this piper?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Jose' Scotte' Este'
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Who is this piper?

Post by Jose' Scotte' Este' »

"Luck is important"
brianc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by brianc »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boody
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Boody »

:-? :-? :-? :-?
Why does the cover have somebody who looks like they are wearing a kilt and playing highland pipes on it?
I thought that was an Uilleann pipe cd.
Jose' Scotte' Este'

Post by Jose' Scotte' Este' »

After I learn a few more tunes, I am definitely going to Ireland so I can see a green sunset. Or do they (and the Irish pipers?) just look that way after a few too many pints at the local session?
"Luck is important"
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Boody wrote::-? :-? :-? :-?
Why does the cover have somebody who looks like they are wearing a kilt and playing highland pipes on it?
I thought that was an Uilleann pipe cd.
It's the revenge of the Scots for the whole Braveheart thing.
PJ
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Where will the madness stop?
rgouette
Tell us something.: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

~Jesus of Nazareth

Post by rgouette »

I think that's Pat D'Arcy..
:o
AlanB

Post by AlanB »

Sorry, Couldn't resist.
irishpiper
Tell us something.: uyguyguyguygug;skdjvlsa fvla bnsldcv nasnc:sodv jcpoaenvpiseripsertnvpa epaoeunvasuepv; auenr;usaenrviusanrvueapr;gvoajneproivea[orivjae['oirvjnae['oirvnae'oirvnas'[oirvn'[aenv'[saepoirnv['soeirnv['sonv[oeirvn['oeirnv['oisenrv['oisernjv['oisenv[oiserntv[oisenjv[oisrjtb[oisrtj[bsirpotbosirnboisemfvo[sierfvmseoiv

Post by irishpiper »

The piper in the album " The beatuty of the Irish Bagpipes" looks ( just an opinion and don't know for sure ) like he is playing a Brian Boru Bagpipe... which was invented and patented in 1908 by Henry Starck, an instrument maker in London, in consultation with William O'Duane. The name was chosen in honour of the Irish king Brian Boru (941-1014), though this bagpipe is not a recreation of any pipes that were played at the time of his reign. The Brian Boru pipe is related to the Great Highland Bagpipe, but with a chanter that adds four to thirteen keys, to extend both the upper and lower ends of the scale, and optionally adds chromatic notes. His original pipes changed the drone configuration to a single tenor drone pitched one octave below the chanter, a baritone drone pitched one fifth below the tenor drone, and a bass drone pitched two octaves below the chanter, following the drone set-up of the Northumbrian Half-long pipes. Some later designs of these pipes reverted back to the Great Highland Bagpipe configuration of two tenor drones and one bass drone. The Brian Boru bagpipe was played for a number of years by the pipe band in the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers, as well as a number of civilian pipe bands. It is still played in Ireland but has lost most of its former popularity.
Here is a picture of said instrument...you can see a minor resembulance to the Uilleann Pipe by having three drones coming from one main stock:

Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

rgouette wrote:I think that's Pat D'Arcy..
Hey now... hold on a second... I might wear dresses but I stick to solid colors or occassionally a nice floral pattern thank you very much ;)

PD.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Fascinating! I assumed it was just a non-piping graphic designer on a deadline, a Google image search, and that old serendipity factor.

Hey. When's "The Beauty of the Pakistani Pipes" due out? I wanna see that one.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

Patrick D'Arcy wrote:
rgouette wrote:I think that's Pat D'Arcy..
Hey now... hold on a second... I might wear dresses but I stick to solid colors or occassionally a nice floral pattern thank you very much ;)

PD.
And the four inch heels are fetching as well