Dave Williams chanter F/S

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
danny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Dave Williams chanter F/S

Post by danny »

Dave Williams chanter for sale, chanter was bought in the summer of 2007, but have to sell it due to house move. It is reeded by Benidict Kohler a few weeks back and has a c key on it that looks like Peter Hunters work. It is made from Ebony, Brass, and immatation ivory is in great nick and ready to go. Best Offer send PM for pics
Doc Jones
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

Concert pitch I'm guessing?

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
danny

Post by danny »

Yes sorry, the chanter is a D stick will send pictures and a sound file to the people who inquired.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Danny,
I was looking at your website and some of your pictures of you and the band. In a couple of the pics I noticed a black chord coming over the back of chanter. Is this a microphone and if so what kind do you use for on stage work and studio work?
I know that this off topic, was just wondering.
Good luck with the sale of the chanter. It looks like a great chanter especially with Benidict Kohler reeding it (he's one of the best). I'd certainly love to get it, if it wasn't for the lack of money.
All the best,
Joseph Sampson
Sampson Cane- California cane
sampsoncaneatgmaildotcom
http://sampsoncane.com
danny

Post by danny »

Hey Joseph, yes it's a fishman pick up, used mostly on violins, saxaphone's and other acoustic instruments. I use it because a lot of the times playing in bands with drums, bass, and so on can never hear myself . It makes it easy'er as i play guitar, whistle, and sing and I am always moving around (hence don't have to stay stuck to a mike). It's handy to have, but tricky as it is stuck to the reed, and has to be bellow the bridle it also lowers the volume of the chanter a little when played acoustic.. So unless you need one.........
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Danny, ... as a matter of fact I kind of do. I also play guitar, whistles, pipes, and sing at my church. I play along with drums, bass, electric guitar and other instruments and have had the same kind of problems micing my pipes without picking up every one else on stage. So the fishman pic up might be a great answer. Can you let me know what specific model it is?
Thanks!
All the best,
Joseph Sampson
sampsoncaneatgmaildotcom
mayo_piper

CD

Post by mayo_piper »

Danny, I can't buy your chanter (although it does sound like a great deal) but your CD is crazy! I love it. I just bought it and can't wait to get it in a couple of days.

Keep it lit!
"A man's only as old as the woman he feels..."

~Groucho Marx
danny

Post by danny »

The pick i use is a fishman v-100, here is the link http://www.fishman.com/products/details.asp?id=59

all the best.
kenr

Post by kenr »

Danny,

I've just looked at the photos you've put on Pat D'Arcy's site and the C key is made by Dave and not a later addition. My original chanter from about 1979 has keys exactly the same. This was made in the days before Dave had his keys cast.

It should have a really sweet tone and is a real collector's item! Hope it goes to a good home.

All the best,

Ken
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Danny,
Hey just wanted to say thanks for the info about the pick-up. I'm looking into getting one and trying it out soon. Sorry I took so long to write back and say thanks.
All the best,
Joseph Sampson
sampsoncaneatgmaildotcom