vpipes electronic pipes do they exist

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
andopop

vpipes electronic pipes do they exist

Post by andopop »

Hello
I've emailed the vpipe website to no avail. Has anyone succeeded or managed to get hold of a "set". I've seen utube things that are supposedly vpipes being played but I think it might be a hoax. They dont seem keen to sell them if they do exist.
stew
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play Uilleann pipes, they have three regulators, three drones bass tenor and alto, also a chanter, bellows and bag.

Post by stew »

The only electric pipes I know of are played by Hevia, don't know of any other. all the best. 8)
Jeff Cullen

Post by Jeff Cullen »

I e-mailed them one week ago and got a reply the next day. They said they didn't yet have an availability date "but it won't be for a little while" as they were still in the process of optimization, etc. They said they would be e-mailing those who had contacted them when they do become available.
Jeff Cullen
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - A.E.
MarcusR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

Hi!
There was an public demonstration of the V-pipes at the Hammersmith Irish Cultural Centre in Hammersmith, London last week. I know someone here on C&F that is working on a little report of that event ;-)
They said they didn't yet have an availability date "but it won't be for a little while" as they were still in the process of optimization, etc.
Thats the statement we all heard for close to two years now. :-?
From the demos and youtube clips it sure sound good enough to make a few sales, and there are always people who are willing to pay $$$ to be test pilots, for the same reason people pay to use the latest product from Microsoft I guess :twisted:

My guess is that there have been, and maybe still are legal issues that have hold them back from putting the v-pipes on the market.
Hopefully the interview at thee ICC will shed some light on the actual release date.

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
Sam_T
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Sam_T »

I was at the demo in Hammersmith last week, played them, and can confirm that:

1 They exist

2 They are very good indeed

3 They aren't available for sale yet, but will be soon. Sticking point seems to be ensuring that they have enough reliable suppliers for a handful of critical components (they are aiming for triple redundancy). When they are up and running there will be about a 3/4 month wait between order and delivery.

Sam
Manu Dopazo

I played vpipes

Post by Manu Dopazo »

Yes, I did. First time was one year ago at the William kennedy piping festival at Armagh and it was no difficult to start to play a couple of jigs. This spring I could play the vpipes again at Villaviciosa, Asturias (Spain) at final Pipe band championship and the vpipes was better than first time. It is now easy to play and with a fantastic quality, almost perfect. You can adjust a lot of parameters as you play in you real uilleann pipes. I know they are finishing the contracts with the suppliers for serial manufacturing. There are a lot of electronic components and few suppliers for each one, wich makes more difficult sign contracts. I keep waiting for playing this vpipes when I can´t play the UP at late night.
irishpiper
Tell us something.: uyguyguyguygug;skdjvlsa fvla bnsldcv nasnc:sodv jcpoaenvpiseripsertnvpa epaoeunvasuepv; auenr;usaenrviusanrvueapr;gvoajneproivea[orivjae['oirvjnae['oirvnae'oirvnas'[oirvn'[aenv'[saepoirnv['soeirnv['sonv[oeirvn['oeirnv['oisenrv['oisernjv['oisenv[oiserntv[oisenjv[oisrjtb[oisrtj[bsirpotbosirnboisemfvo[sierfvmseoiv

Post by irishpiper »

Manu Dopazo

I played vpipes

Post by Manu Dopazo »

Yes, I did. First time was one year ago at the William kennedy piping festival at Armagh and it was no difficult to start to play a couple of jigs. This spring I could play the vpipes again at Villaviciosa, Asturias (Spain) at final Pipe band championship and the vpipes was better than first time. It is now easy to play and with a fantastic quality, almost perfect. You can adjust a lot of parameters as you play in you real uilleann pipes. I know they are finishing the contracts with the suppliers for serial manufacturing. There are a lot of electronic components and few suppliers for each one, wich makes more difficult sign contracts.
lordofthestrings

Post by lordofthestrings »

There's a lot of videos on youtube of the rig being played
- - - Spence - - -
A little autobiography, including pictures, Here
Actually, I hate music. I'm only doing this for the money.
liraman

Post by liraman »

[quote="lordofthestrings"]There's a lot of videos on youtube of the rig being played[/quote]

In my series of interviews with UP makers the Swedish forum site www.piping.se will shortly publish an interview with one of the vPipes inventors, Ramon Maria Castro. It was made in connection with a demo gathering at the Irish Cultural Centre in Hanmmersmith, London. The interview is in English, with photos and links. Among the UP- av Vpipes-playing participants were Tim Dowd senior AND junior. Piping.se:s London correspondent swears that the thing is working.
I'll be back with the link to the interview site, where you also can re-read my earlier interviews with Eugene Lambe and Cillian Ó Briain.
/The Liraman
liraman

Uillean Winter

Post by liraman »

...And here it is, the interview with vPipes maker Ramon Maria Castro (on new website Uilleann Winter):

[img]http://www.tongang.se/liraman/Uilleann_ ... mage_2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.tongang.se/liraman/Uilleann_ ... akers.html[/url]

Enjoy!
The Liraman
Doogie

Post by Doogie »

Anyone know what's taking so long to get these v-pipes on the market?? Seth
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Doogie wrote:Anyone know what's taking so long to get these v-pipes on the market?? Seth
Sam_T wrote:They aren't available for sale yet, but will be soon. Sticking point seems to be ensuring that they have enough reliable suppliers for a handful of critical components (they are aiming for triple redundancy). When they are up and running there will be about a 3/4 month wait between order and delivery.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
liraman

Post by liraman »

[quote="Doogie"]Anyone know what's taking so long to get these v-pipes on the market?? Seth[/quote]
Read my interview, part of the answer is there
/The Liraman
MarcusR
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

Very nice work Jan.
Your collection of pipemaker interviews make some very nice reading.
I hope you will continue, who is next :wink:

http://www.tongang.se/liraman/Uilleann_ ... akers.html

I think your pipemaker page is worth a thread of it's on.

Cheers!

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!