Grand Experimental Idea

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
L42B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Grand Experimental Idea

Post by L42B »

Hows this for a thought? I've noticed rescently that some makers have been experimenting with G chanters lately. In particular makers such as Peter Hunter and Davey Stephenson. Davey or Peter, have you ever thought of producing a full set in G before. Even if it was just as a once of job? I'm not thinking of your typical full set with three regulators and three drones. No to simple for either of you. I'm thinking of something more in line with Kevin Rietman's fabled Brad Angus Bb set . Couldn't you just here those regulators, espcially a doubled up base regulator (one an octave lower then the other), thumping away in a real?

Would either of you be willing to make such a monstrosity? Or is this thought just going to end up as a whishfull idea that never progresses beyond the drawing board.

Cheers L42B :)
"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin the work of remaking America." President Barack H. Obama, from his Inaugural Speech as the 44th President of the United States of America.
L42B

Post by L42B »

Hi Davey

Check your PM's and give me an email.

Cheers L42B :)
"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin the work of remaking America." President Barack H. Obama, from his Inaugural Speech as the 44th President of the United States of America.
meemtp

Post by meemtp »

It could be the world's first two-person set of pipes...
Corin