regulator reeds

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
michael
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by michael »

reedman wrote:
"Mean while back on EARTH", am I missing something here, WHATS the
problem with making regulator reeds from cane, confused Feck sake.

Probably for the same reason why some of the top pipe makers are using composites for drone reeds instead of cane. :wink:

Micheal
true gods of sound and stone
reedman

Post by reedman »

What an absolute load of shight, and what top makers would these be?. :-?
There's those who know,
and there's those who think they know,
and there's those who just have'nt got a fecking Clue.
Davy Stephenson

Post by Davy Stephenson »

reedman wrote:What an absolute load of shight, and what top makers would these be?. :-?
If one reads back throught this postings you will see a number of the top makers names mentioned in there.

What is wrong with experimenting with different materials, some are very good, especially the Gallagher reeds, have you ever heard or tried them before, if not then I wouldn't knock them.

I use both cane and composite, modern materials are much more reliable than cane, cane is fine if one never leaves the cocoon of your own home or similar places, where the mean temprature is the same, venture out
into pastures new and its a whole different ball game, this is when you pop in those composits or wish you had them.

I cannot understand why, when anyone has a question, things are injected with foul language, arguement and upset the very people who are trying to ask the question, anyone care to add to this, why at least cannot things be kept civil, keep the airways clean please.

We are all here to learn, exchange ideas, as any budding pipe maker like
myself might benefit from.

Best Wishes

Davy.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

reedman wrote:What an absolute load of shight, and what top makers would these be?. :-?
Look. Like Mr. Stephenson said, they're out there, and they've been discussed before. Try a search, already, instead of doing a reversal of critical thinking by passing judgment and THEN asking questions.

You people want to throw around things like "shight" and "feck"? Do so humorously. And so everyone can tell. Otherwise, weigh your words.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
reedman

Post by reedman »

Maybe Davy! would like to put some clips and snips of himself playing these lovely composit regulator reeds which he swears by? :wink: I'd certainly like to hear them especially the brass ones, all these wonderful compisit reeds all played together in a nice air or reel?, I certainly would'nt play them at a gig with them, the only half decent composit reeds I'd heard so far are Dave Shaws, as far as arguements who's argueing, as for foul language go's one has a right with some of the rubbish talked about on here, and also top makers don't abuse this site for profit. :really: all the best.
There's those who know,
and there's those who think they know,
and there's those who just have'nt got a fecking Clue.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

reedman wrote:...as for foul language go's one has a right...
No, one doesn't. You don't make the rules, here. This topic is closed.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician